Using the SIM in FreedomPop's iPhone 5 for a different Sprint LTE phone?

Jesse IkawaJesse Ikawa Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I'm very eager to get FreedomPop with LTE and I was wondering if I could just use a SIM from FreedomPop's iPhone 5 and use it in any Sprint LTE phone? For me specifically it's the Moto X. My understanding about LTE is that this should work but I'm not sure about FreedomPop's views on this. Since the FreedomPop app is already on Android, I can't see why there would be a problem with this. Even better would be if I could just get the SIM itself.

I love FreedomPop, I just want to use a different phone!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Jesse - It may be possible, but not recommended by our development team at this time. If you run into problems we will not be able to offer any support for you or reverse anything done. Also there is no testing on this so it is up to you if you would like to take the risk.
  • LukeLuke Posts: 318FreedomPop Newbie
    Taylor said:

@Jesse - It may be possible, but not recommended by our development team at this time. If you run into problems we will not be able to offer any support for you or reverse anything done. Also there is no testing on this so it is up to you if you would like to take the risk.

@Taylor‌ - Is the iPhone 5 that FreedomPop is selling shipping with a SIM card?

Wroof!
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    If freedompop starts a beta for sims ($10 - $20) with no guarantees, I would take the risk. Obviously only 4g lte would work though. Eagerly waiting for HTC One or GS3 or GS4. I wish freedompop would work with a phone manufacturer to make an exclusive freedompop phone optimized for what they are doing.
    hankjrod said:

If freedompop starts a beta for sims ($10 - $20) with no guarantees, I would take the risk. Obviously only 4g lte would work though. Eagerly waiting for HTC One or GS3 or GS4. I wish freedompop would work with a phone manufacturer to make an exclusive freedompop phone optimized for what they are doing.

@hankjrod‌ - That's exactly what I am thinking! I hope in the future that FreedomPop will have a phone that it's network. Like yourself, I also cannot wait for the HTC One. FreedomPop's CEO has stated that the Galaxy S3 as well as the Galaxy S4 will be coming very, very soon.

Cheers!

Wroof!
  • Jesse IkawaJesse Ikawa Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I would also participate in such a beta program. I think it'd be great if Freedompop used such a beta to figure out which phones work and which phones don't with such a program. For the company it'd be like getting paid to have people tested your service.

I would also participate in such a beta program. I think it'd be great if Freedompop used such a beta to figure out which phones work and which phones don't with such a program. For the company it'd be like getting paid to have people tested your service.

@Jesse Ikawa‌ - Great idea! I am sure that many people would be glad to enroll in that program. The whole point of their current beta service is to work out the bugs and figure out which phones will work with their Phone Service and which phones will not work.
    Wroof!
  • Andy LieuAndy Lieu Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie

That would actually be really cool and from a technical standpoint that should work. I'd be interested in such a thing
This discussion has been closed.