**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Vzw LG G2 VS980 (Lollipop) FP Clobal SIM Card Issue

BozBoz Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I received my FP Global SIM card. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work in my Vzw LG G2 VS980, which comes factory SIM unlocked, and has been updated to stock Lollipop 5.0.2. It finds a network fine, but the data connection doesn't work. The data indicator is a greyed out H. I'm using APN freedompop.foggmobile.com . Cellular data roaming is set to allow.

I've previously successfully used my Vzw LG G2 VS980 with a SIM card from an AT&T MVNO, Red Pocket, so it is definitely SIM unlocked.

The FP Global SIM card does connect to cellular data fine using an old SIM unlocked Vzw HTC Droid Incredible 2 ADR6350, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the FP SIM card.

Has anybody here tried their FP Global SIM card in a Vzw LG G2 VS980, updated to stock Lollipop 5.0.2?

Does anybody have any suggestions for a solution?

Thanks!

Comments

• dimjimdimjim Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    edited June 2016 #2
    I have the same exact problem. Have put in the APN. I can search networks and select freedompop (Shows as: "FreedomPop RAT: WCDMA"). Says it's registered with the network. Shows a greyed out "H" and can't connect to the internet (mobile data). The phone is sim-unlocked. FP global SIM works fine in a Nokia windows phone and can connect to data.
  • Brian BartonBrian Barton Posts: 180FreedomPop Newbie
    edited June 2016 #3
    does roaming include all roaming? does your phone have a global or gsm/umts mode? switch between modes and then go back and delete the apn completely then make a new one with the same info.