**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Vzw LG G2 VS980 (Lollipop) FP Global SIM Card Issue You are subscribed to this thread

BozBoz Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I received my FP Global SIM card. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work in my Vzw LG G2 VS980, which comes factory SIM unlocked, and has been updated to stock Lollipop 5.0.2. It finds a network fine, but the data connection doesn't work. The data indicator is a greyed out H. I'm using APN freedompop.foggmobile.com . Cellular data roaming is set to allow.

I've previously successfully used my Vzw LG G2 VS980 with a SIM card from an AT&T MVNO, Red Pocket, so it is definitely SIM unlocked.

The FP Global SIM card does connect to cellular data fine using a SIM unlocked Vzw HTC Droid Incredible 2 ADR6350, so there's probably not a problem with the FP SIM card.

Has anybody here tried their FP Global SIM card in a Vzw LG G2 VS980, updated to stock Lollipop 5.0.2?

Does anybody have any suggestions for a solution?

Thanks!

Comments

• abcabc Posts: 189FreedomPop Newbie
    what's the connection status ? press *#*#4636#*#* and select phone information
  • BozBoz Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    abc said:

what's the connection status ? press *#*#4636#*#* and select phone information

*#*#4636#*#* doesn't work on the LG G2 VS980. It just tries to place a call, but of course that doesn't work, since no voice service comes with the FP Global SIM.
  • BozBoz Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I did find at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2484877 that I can get to a "Verizon Hidden Menu" by dialing:
    ##7764726980
    Code 000000
    (7764726=PROGRAM)

But I only see:
    Field Tests
    Device Security
    W2BI - Test Setting
    CMAS Test Message
    Port check Test

The thread I linked seems to indicate that *#*#4636#*#* won't work on Vzw phones.

Thanks for your reply, abc. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
  • abcabc Posts: 189FreedomPop Newbie
    try factory reset , make sure it is connected to cellular, set APN properly , if it is not working, probably there is not much we can do .

I guess the network is already connected to HSPA, but not get data.

i did have similar experience with other phone, works fine with a local SIM, but not working with Roaming SIM with APN on