**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Global SIM card won't display contact names of recent callers in Google Hangouts, only phone numbers

tennisbasstennisbass Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
FP Global SIM card won't allow Google Hangouts to display names of recent callers, it will only display their phone numbers even though those callers are stored in my Contacts. However, as soon as I removed the FP Global SIM card from my ZTE ZMax 2 then the recent callers' names will appear in Hangouts. If I reinsert the FP Global SIM card back then only phone numbers show again.

Also FreedomPop needs to allow Global SIM Card users the option to disable their Voicemail so their calls can be captured by Google Voice's voicemail.

Any ideas how to fix these? Thanks.

Comments

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @tennisbass - I think the contacts display behavior is a side effect of the Global Sim getting a UK IP address - this seems to cause Hangouts to automatically prepend incoming USA numbers with a +1 USA country code. Unless that contact is also stored in your contacts with that same +1 prepended, the incoming number doesn't match the one in the contacts, so Hangouts doesn't display the caller name.

+1 on the desire for adding in the same account option to disable FP voicemail on Global SIMs, that was previously added for regular Sprint based accounts. @Jorge M. - any idea why this option appears to have been left off Global SIM accounts?

• tennisbasstennisbass Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @limey. Stored +1 prepend to my contact but still only shows phone number instead of contact name. Must be something else.
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @tennisbass - strange - the +1 prepend works fine on my phone, running stock ICS/contacts app. Once added, the hangouts call lists update to show that contacts caller name stored in contacts. Are you using a 3rd party contacts app, or maybe your seeing something specific to your android version/ROM?
  • Florencia SalinasFlorencia Salinas Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie admin
    limey said:

@Jorge M. - any idea why this option appears to have been left off Global SIM accounts?

Hey guys, the ability to disable voicemail on Global SIM Cards is currently not available. We will relay this feedback to our team :)
This discussion has been closed.