Use of home WIFI

BillBill Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
If I have home WIFI (not with Freedompop) can I access the internet with my Freedompop phone over that? And if so, does the data use through the wifi count towards my data quota?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Bill - If you connect to your home WiFi (or any other WiFi network) you will not use data from your FreedomPop account. Just make sure that your are connected to the WiFi network and not the mobile network.
  • 99Starman99Starman Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I just got my freedompop phone and have no bars/service at my house (I expected this and am not surprised or disappointed) I connect to my home wifi for internet on the phone. This may be a dumb question but can I make phone calls with this freedompop phone through my wifi connection also?
    @99Starman‌ - Yes, you can make calls by using your WiFi connection at home. All you need to do is connect to your home WiFi and you're all set. Let me know if you have any trouble getting that working.
  • Cau TangCau Tang Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I also just got my freedom pop phone. I have a htc evo 4g. I cant connect to my house wifi. I tried everything with the router but it doesn't work. Can you please help me?
    @Cau Tang‌ - Have you tried to connect to any other WiFi networks (McDonald's, Starbucks)? It usually has something to do with the security settings on your home router.
  • scottscott Posts: 158FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    @Cau Tang When you turn on your wifi in the settings on your phone does it see your wifi network and just not let you connect or is your wifi network not listed at all?
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Taylor is right about security setting home router, if it the wrong security setting on the router and the phone security setting are not the same, you will not connect. The best settings are WPA2 Personal on both router and phone.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @scott‌, yes it is possible your home router is set on stealth mode. You will need to know the network name with right capitals AND password. That should work.

If you can't remember them, log into router from home computer. Use administrator login to see both items.

Yes, going to McDonalds or Starbucks is quick way to test phones ability to receive WiFi.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
This discussion has been closed.