GSM Service. Tmobile band 12

sfbrianclsfbriancl Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
Hi all -

I have a sim for the global gsm service with a mifi. Works great. I was thinking of getting another sim and a tmobile band 12 compatible phone. The only service at my home is Verizon and Tmob band 12, so that would be very helpful. Does anybody know if the global sims can access Tmobile's "extended range" areas?

Thanks!

Comments

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @sfbriancl - As I understand it, Tmob's extended range service on band 12 is LTE, which would rule out the Global SIM as it currently only supports up to 3G.

Having said that, if your MiFi is currently getting FP service at your home, then there must be a compatible signal there - you could try popping the SIM from the MiFi into your phone and see if you get a data connection?
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 422FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016 #3
    @limey - The FreedomPop SIM card actually supports 4G speeds, just not 4G LTE. It is known as HSPA/HSPA+, and if your phone is compatible, it will connect to these towers.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    JJFreedom said:

@limey - The FreedomPop SIM card actually supports 4G speeds, just not 4G LTE. It is known as HSPA/HSPA+, and if your phone is compatible, it will connect to these towers.

@JJFreedom - there's been quite a lot of debate whether HSPA/HSPA+ is 3G, 3.5G, or 4G - leaving that (and the joke about HSPA+ been called Faux G) aside, I referred to 3G in this case to better differentiate from 4G LTE, which is not supported by the Global SIM at this time.

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 422FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016 #5
    @limey - I understand. I've never seen HSPA/HSPA+ referred to as 3G. I've heard it referred to as 3.5G but that's in Europe only, and it's 4G in the United States. Even though it's slower than 4G LTE, it's sometimes faster than Sprint's 4G LTE.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.