**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Connection issues...

scottpdaughertyscottpdaugherty Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have just setup the Global SIM Card into a phone for my mother. I am technologically literate and have followed directions completely. Here is the problem. With the handset that I have given my mother, the device has 3-4 bars of signal of 4G, and when trying to make a call I am getting a message that says Network Not Available: You have no data connection. Find a better connection and try again.

That said, I have a good data connection. I have dialed *#*#4636*#*# and have set the device up for WCDMA only. I have also pinged the data connection. Finally, I have used Google Play to download a couple of FreedomPop apps.

The device is an unlocked Pantech (P9080) Burst with stock (w/root) Android 4.0.4.

My question is this, is this common or do I maybe need to port a different Android Rom to the handset or do I need another device altogether? The SIM does work in my unlocked Galaxy Note 5, therefore the issue isn't the SIM. Is it, perhaps, the FreedomPop app or maybe I need another WCDMA band that isn't on this device?

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @scottpdaugherty Hi Scott! We're really sorry for the hiccups with getting your SIM Card working on your handset.

May I ask if you're able to get a data connection? Sometimes, the FreedomPop Messaging app tends to not place a call if it thinks the data connection is spotty. If you're getting data without issues, please let me know and we can figure this out!
  • ZaxZax Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I suddenly lost the ability to make calls. Same message when offline: You have no data connection.  Find a better connection and try again. When online a little spinning 'connecting...' popup starts but never goes any further. Everything elst works, text, internet, etc but no outgoing or incomming messages. Voicemail works instead.
    Have already tried turning off and on, updating profile and PRL, and updating the FP com app.
    I need this to work as i am starting a business and need to b able to talk w customers!