**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Issue with multiple devices on same account

Dennis_SuDennis_Su Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I recently bought a nexus 5 and it is working great and the network is good too.

The issue is that the Nexus 5 is the 3rd device on my account. This makes it impossible for me to send or receive data with the Nexus 5 between friends and family. ALso, logging in to the freedompop website is really annoying because sometimes i can switch devices and sometimes I cant making it ridiculously tedious to just track data usage.

I read in an older post that admins are able to move devices from one account to another. I can make a 2nd or even a 3rd account with freedompop if needed. If anyone knows an admin please tag them in the post.

Thanks for the help!
-Dennis.
Tagged:

Comments

• LakeNokomisLakeNokomis Posts: 54FreedomPop Newbie
    I started out on FP with each phone on a separate email. This makes it easy to get data credits from "friend" relationships. My brother put two phones on one account, and I can only set up a friend relationship from his single email address. I would much rather see the credits given by phone number, but it doesn't seem to work that way, unless I'm missing something.
  • Chee Keat FongChee Keat Fong Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I wonder if anyone has run into this problem yet and know of a solution.

I have a FreedomPop account that had an old WiMax-based Photon Platinum hotspot device on it.

Recently, I bought the global SIM and added it to this account. I'm using the SIM in an Honor 5X Android phone. When I did this, I ran into a few problems that may be related to each other:

- My FreedomPop home page shows the new SIM, but the billing cycle is still tied to the old hotspot device. I just have 4 days left in the current plan after receiving the SIM!

- Data (and everything else) is not working with the SIM. When I visit any web page, I get re-directed to http://setup.freedompop.com/vcp. There is a green button on that page, but when I click it, it just goes to a broken link (http://setup.freedompop.com/login...gin=sprint) I have already set the APN and rebooted the device

- I tried the 'MyFreedomPop' Android app. The app loads and then shows an error after showing the 'Device Selection - Accessing Device' popup. The app still thinks that I have a Photon Platinum device

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • Anthony Bacenet GonzalezAnthony Bacenet Gonzalez Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I have two phones in the same account with a similar problem, I request or send data to friends but it ALWAYS takes it from the first phone I had (which is not working anymore), but It is impossible to get shared data to my working phone, no matter if I switch it on the right top corner, or if I go to the page to select the device. I just tried this today again, my working phone was selected and now appears to be in the top with the checkmark on it, when I received the shared data from a friend, it went to the wrong phone. Now I am stuck with almost no data and have to wait until I can have enough to refill my account. Please, if someone knows how to remove an old phone (support told me they cannot remove it!!???), or switch it, or move it in a new email account... Let us know!
  • MarcusArthurielMarcusArthuriel Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm also having a similar problem. Last week I made a new account on Freedompop after I downloaded the app for making free calls and text. Well yesterday I received a data only sim card I had ordered and activated it using the same email associated with the account that I used previously with the free app. Any options for upgrading or downgrading plans for the data only sim don't appear anywhere on the account. Only settings for upgrading voice and text plans associated with the app I downloaded last week. Extremely frustrating ._.
    I wish there was a way to associate my data only sim to another email. I feel like I made a huge mistake -_-'
  • handyhandy Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    You're not allowed to use more than one phone for each of your email accounts.
  • ricebikericebike Posts: 31FreedomPop Newbie
    Then how come I just added 2 other phones to the same email ? Mods is there a way to change it?
  • ricebikericebike Posts: 31FreedomPop Newbie
    I got 2 other phones for my son n daughter. Want to change emails to theirs so i don't need to checkup on them since i requested downgrade to just the FREE service on all my devices... can any mods look into my account? TiA
  • Aaron MerrifieldAaron Merrifield Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, I'm new here. I just placed an order for a Samsung S5 and at the end there was an offer to get a different additional phone for $20 so I thought sure, that can be for my wife. I have not got an email confirmation about the original order for the S5, but it does show up on my recent transactions. Under devices it only lists the cheaper phone, why doesn't it show both phones?