**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

GSM SIM card?

m tgbls2m tgbls2 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Will the freedompop Nexus 5 use any GSM card, including the foggmobile one sold by freedompop?

Comments

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 421FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    Yes, considering it's an unlocked device, it should be able to use any GSM Sim Card.

The foggmobile one sold by FreedomPop is GSM, so yes, it should work.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • m tgbls2m tgbls2 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    N5 arrived working ok. upgraded to android 6.0.1 using settings device upgrade (no need to root, etc.). Needed to upgrade messaging app to get phone service. Changed SIM to Fpop Global Sim. Needed to change apn to foggmobile. Needed to sync account data from messaging app to get Global Sim working with app. Works just like Global Sim works in iphone 4s. Changed SIM to ATT prepaid. calls worked like normal cellular service, no data needed. Needed to select Att phone apn to get data working. Fpop messaging app not used. Changed back to original Sprint SIM. Needed to sync account data from messaging app.

I can say that it is a Global phone and is not locked to Freedompop or Sprint when using SIMs.
  • apragierapragier Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I just joined freedompop, purchased a Nexus 5 and activated the basic plan. Do i need to order Global SIM separately for roaming in UK?
  • m tgbls2m tgbls2 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    The SIM in the fpop N5 is Sprint SIM. It will have to be changed. MicroSIM size. You should be able to use any UK sim, including fpop. The fpop messaging app "may" have to be removed to use another carrier SIM and the apn manually set.