**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Locating User for Device

Jenny WJenny W Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
I can't activate my service. I am continually getting a locate user device in the FreedomPop Messaging app. It says I have HSPA signal with a exclamation point on the icon. I have changed my APN settings and enabled roaming as per instructions.

Comments

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    Hi @Chris W - It seems your device was not activated correctly. If you entered your APN settings correctly, try opening your web browser and fill out the activation information it asks for. It should ask for you ICCID (Sim card number on the plastic card, you took the SIM out of. It's also on the packaging) and your email address.

Hope this helps...
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • Jenny WJenny W Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I have also cleared cache and app data and have also tried reinstalling the Messaging app. I can't get past the Locating User for Device.
    It sends me to setup.freedompop.com/vcp which is a Service Error when I open up the web browser.
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    Open the messaging app with Wi-Fi connected and hit Activate. There should be a page that asks for ICCID and email address.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
    It sends me to freedompop.com/activate where I put in the ICCID and email. Then it tells me email address already in use. So I can't continue. I am using the same email as I am here.
  • gsnassifgsnassif Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    same error message problem over here (July 2016). and when I input ICCID and email, I get an error message because my email is already in use. Please help
  • archangel25archangel25 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am getting the same issue. Using the SIM with Moto E getting great connection but stuck with locating user message. When I try to activate again using WiFi I get user email is already in use.