**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone was working great until I followed the email Freedompop sent me. . .

Negisedove SNegisedove S Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
I received the following email:
****FINAL REMINDER: FreedomPop Device Notification

Our carrier partner has informed us that some customers of ours may be effected by an upcoming frequency change being made on their network. To ensure your device is properly activated and working smoothly, please perform a PRL profile update per the respective links below.

CLICK HERE for instructions for your specific type of phone.****

A carrier reset is almost always necessary if you're activating a device or if you're having trouble receiving voice, text, or a data connection. This reset sends your device's new information to the network so that you can get service.

Note: If unable to perform reset over WiFi, disable option in settings and connect to mobile data.

Android Phones

Connect to Wi-Fi (if available)
Go to the dial pad or phone app
Enter ##72786#
Confirm the reset
Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process

Note: Certain legacy devices may require an MSL code. If your device requires one, we recommend submitting a ticket to Support to obtain the code.
After preforming the Carrier Reset (outlined in FP's link) several times, connected to different WiFi networks, the Hands Free Activation f a i l e d every time. I also tried the Profile Update in the phone's Settings menu and that f a i l e d as well.

Hands Free Activation Error:
Your activation could not be completed. To try again, choose "Update Profile" in the System updates area of Setting. If the problem persists, you may nee to contact Customer Service. Error code:1012
Device Configuration:
The Profile Update could not be completed. To try again, choose "Update Profile" in the System updates area of Setting. If the problem persists, you may nee to contact Customer Service. Error code:1012
I am hoping there is something FreedomPop can do on their end to get me up and running again.
Freeedompop can you you help me please?
Post edited by Negisedove S on

Comments

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 420FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    That's strange, I never received this for any of my CDMA devices,
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • Kevin JamesKevin James Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    edited August 2016 #3
    I followed the steps for my Kyocera Hydro and now my phone just won't connect at all.. No network, which does not allow me to make/receive calls or texts, nor get on the net :-/ please advise. Thanks!

UPDATE (4:30pm): My phone is now working.. I updated my profile and it reset again and connected. Just a simple click. Thanks!
    Post edited by Kevin James on