**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Free Data plan?

kithylinkithylin Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
So I bought a used MiFi 4082, the same thing that Freedom Pop sells, but when I go to activate it for the first time, Freedom pop is trying to tell me it's not compatible with free data plans? WTF? This is the exact same thing they sell. What's going on here? I'm not paying $100 for their thing just because it's new, that's utterly ludicrous when used ones are $10.

Comments

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @kithylin
    About a year or two ago, Sprint declared that it was shutting down it's 4G WiMax Network, to make way for their larger 4G LTE Network. Unfortunately this device doesn't run on 4G LTE, but it runs off of WiMax which is discontinued... So in reality, the device will only work on 3G.

FreedomPop doesn't offer any 3G-only plans for free. You will need a 4G LTE device in order to do so. Sorry for the struggle.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
This discussion has been closed.