**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

internet speed

Kamfai SoKamfai So Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I live in the city where my wife tmobile has 4g lte or 4g hspa+ at a very good speed. I recently bought the freedompop global 3 in 1 which from what I understand it's using tmoble 3g or 4g hspa+. I ran a few speed test and the download speed is only slightly over 1Mbps. Is that correct? It seems very slow even for 3g. I am wondering if there is some setup up issue with my phone (I am using galaxy s4). Thanks

Comments

• booniesboonies Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    i am also getting around 1mbps download most of the time in my house, i think the default it uses is AT&T, when I go to the settings and search for network, there is a t-mobile network but when I connect to that one, my speed is even worse.. but you try it, it might be better for you
  • jimindenverjimindenver Posts: 149FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Add the signal check lite app for free and it will tell you what network you are on.
    I have devices that use both AT&T and T-Mobile HSPA and they are very susceptible to congestion. From the same location I can see speeds ranging from 1 Mbps to 5 at different times of day. I keep my TMO in HSPA because the LTE becomes so congested it is unusable.
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @Kamfai So - the Global SIM doesn't use 4G LTE. The 1mbps seems to be at 3G Speeds, unless there's heavy traffic with the 4G HSPA network.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.