**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

what can i do with the old phone number (from previous owner?) embeded in my freedompop iphone 5

karl lisskarl liss FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
Does anyone know the significance of the old phone number (i guess it is the number of the previous iphone owner) in the freedompop iphone? (settings, messages,send and receive). is there a way to get rid of it or correct it to my current phone number?

my ipad mini which shares the same apple account as my freedompop iphone keeps prompting me to add a phone number for "imessage and facetime" (where phone number is the number imbeded in the iphone from the previous owner - not a currently valid number - settings, messages,send and receive). i have selected no to this prompt, but i got another prompt with the same message again. what happens if i answer "yes" to this prompt or is there a way to disable this message repeating again.

Answers

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @karl liss Hi Karl, the number you're seeing is known as the MDN number. This number is used for access to the cellular data network, and is needed for FreedomPop service.

Just as long as you have the FreedomPop Messaging app installed, you will be able to use your phone number as normal like you are now!
  • karl lisskarl liss FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Thanks for your response.

okay, but what about the message that keeps popping up on my ipad mini (not a freedompop device, but shares that same apple account as my freedompop iphone 5. How should i respond to that message?