How to change phones (ESN)?

bobdolebobdole Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie
If I have some problems with a phone activated and I have another phone that I replace it with. How do I do a ESN change on my account?

For example if I have a Design 4G has doesn't work well, how do I try to swap in a EVO 4G?

Best Answer

Answers

• M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Well there is another question answered
  • bobdolebobdole Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie
    Only concern is that by activating a new phone, it's generating a new number.
    I would want the original number to be kept. You are sure that this process accomplished this? Hopefully it's not just deactivating the original account and thus losing the number and any promotions and bonus associated with the original account.
  • bobdole said:

Only concern is that by activating a new phone, it's generating a new number.
    I would want the original number to be kept. You are sure that this process accomplished this? Hopefully it's not just deactivating the original account and thus losing the number and any promotions and bonus associated with the original account.

Once the new phone is activated in our system we can transfer that phone to your current account (same phone #), and in the process, deactivate the current phone you have on your account. At that time we would also close out the BYOD account you created to activate your phone since you will not be using that account. Hope that helps!
  • craftsmancraftsman Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    But if I go to the website to activate a replacement phone, part of the activation process requires me to pick a phone number.
  • @craftsman - You will have to pick a new phone number for the new account, pick any number because after the transfer of devices you will not need the new phone number you selected.
This discussion has been closed.