Will the FreedomPop Service work without the Messaging and calling apps?

dwight_dj25dwight_dj25 Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
These apps do not work. Im just started a few days ago with the free phone service. Will my service stop working if I dont use the Freedompop apps for talk and text? Im using a Nexus 6 fully unlocked running Android 7 beta.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dwight_dj25 Hi! You do not need to use the FreedomPop app for calls and texts for service to work! Feel free to remove them if you do not want to use the app.
  • dwight_dj25dwight_dj25 Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    ok thanks.
  • krishna vkrishna v Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@dwight_dj25 Hi! You do not need to use the FreedomPop app for calls and texts for service to work! Feel free to remove them if you do not want to use the app.

1) it was said that the sim works on GSM phones. when i inserted the SIM on AT&T unlocked iphone 4 , it is not working.
    2) is the SIM card active even though i dont use it? i will be out of country for four months and SIM will be sitting aside when i am using local SIM cards.
    3) someone said if we disable topup option, we need to maintain atleast $5 balance to work, is that true?
    4) calls made from freedompop app using wifi connection count towards the limit?
    5) freedompop suspends account if it is not able to to charge my credit card?
  • HappyBeeHappyBee Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    1) You can only use the global sim in an AT&T phone, the regular sim requires a Sprint phone

3) I have disabled auto top-up and I don't carry a balance
  • zxhwkkzxhwkk Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

I though you have to use there apps because the service will not work other wise
  • sparkplug0361sparkplug0361 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Not true,unless you have the app installed it says call are not allowed from this device
  • dimusdimus Posts: 130FreedomPop Newbie

Not true,unless you have the app installed it says call are not allowed from this device

The internet works without app.
    Calls and text messages do not work without app.
This discussion has been closed.