Clarification on minutes usage over IP

dabrowndabrown Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
When a sip call is initiated on freedom phone, does the call affect data usage? As an example, if I talk for 5 hours, or 300 minutes, in a month and those calls use a total of 300mb (not a real world figure) is my plan deducted by three hundred minutes only, or by three hundred minutes and mb?

Comments

• dabrown said:

When a sip call is initiated on freedom phone, does the call affect data usage? As an example, if I talk for 5 hours, or 300 minutes, in a month and those calls use a total of 300mb (not a real world figure) is my plan deducted by three hundred minutes only, or by three hundred minutes and mb?

As long as you are using the FreedomPop/native phone dialer you will use the minutes from your monthly plan and not data. You will however consume data from your account if you are using a 3rd party app to make phone calls with your FreedomPhone.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Taylor said:

dabrown said:

As long as you are using the FreedomPop/native phone dialer you will use the minutes from your monthly plan and not data. You will however consume data from your account if you are using a 3rd party app to make phone calls with your FreedomPhone.
    That takes care of one of my questions too! Thanks Taylor
This discussion has been closed.