Issues with FreedomPop Config

alexlukalexluk Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
edited January 2014 in Archived Discussions #1
I got HTC Evo 4G from you about 2 weeks ago.
After working fine for couple of hours its started doing this.
When I click on FreedomPop Config.. It ask for my email address.. I enter CORRECT address and it tells me its wrong and to call support.
Yet if I forget about FreedomPop config and go directly to Messaging application and try to call out... box comes up asking for my email address.. I enter the same address as above and it accepts it just fine and shows me setup is complete.. your phone number is xxxx and allows me to make the call.

This is annoying.. Please help me fix this

Messaging App is v 10.01.01.0111
FreedomPop Config v 1.1.0

Comments

• alexluk said:

I got HTC Evo 4G from you about 2 weeks ago.
    After working fine for couple of hours its started doing this.
    When I click on FreedomPop Config.. It ask for my email address.. I enter CORRECT address and it tells me its wrong and to call support.
    Yet if I forget about FreedomPop config and go directly to Messaging application and try to call out... box comes up asking for my email address.. I enter the same address as above and it accepts it just fine and shows me setup is complete.. your phone number is xxxx and allows me to make the call.

This is annoying.. Please help me fix this

Messaging App is v 10.01.01.0111
    FreedomPop Config v 1.1.0

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your phone. When entering your email in the FreedomPop config app you must make sure that you are entering it EXACTLY the way you did when you signed up (capitalization matters).

If you continue to have issues please try the following:

From the home screen, tap menu (next to the home button)
    Go to Settings > Apps > All (on top right)
    Scroll down and select the FreedomPop Config app
    Tap Force Stop, then Clear Data
    Now repeat these steps for the Messaging app.
    Reopen the FreedomPop Config app and enter your email address. It should now accept the email and display the FP icon on the top left of your screen.

Let me know if you continue to have problems and I can continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is it, but you may try uninstalling the Messaging App and reinstalling it from the Google Play store. There was a buggy version (v9) that has issues.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    I know you have the latest version, but maybe that will help.
  • alexlukalexluk Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    this is all posted on a web site and been tryed 100 of time. It does not work.

You also missing my point I type the same email address in the messagin application that I do in FreedomPop Config

Messaging app accepts the email as valid, while FreedomPop Config does not
  • alexluk said:

this is all posted on a web site and been tryed 100 of time. It does not work.

You also missing my point I type the same email address in the messagin application that I do in FreedomPop Config

Messaging app accepts the email as valid, while FreedomPop Config does not

Our development team is looking into the issue right now, could you please PM me your account email so I can send that info over to them?
    Pm send. Hope you can fix this
  • LukeLuke Posts: 318FreedomPop Newbie
    You should try to update the profile and prl. I tried to activate a galaxy s2, but I wasn't able to get the profile and prl updated due to (connection errors??) Hope you are able to get it solved soon!
    Wroof!
  • @alexluk - It looks like there may be a bug with the Config app (possible incompatible version with the Messaging app). However, the Config app is really only meant to be used on first boot of the phone, and the sign-in process on the Messaging app performs the exact same function. Once the phone is in use, there is no further reason to use the config app. You are still able to sign in to use through the Messaging app directly, correct?
  • Christopher IrelaChristopher Irela Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a different problem with the config on my HTC EVO 4G. I was able to activate the phone and use it for the last 4-5 days. The "FP" icon appeared in the top left corner and voice, text, and data worked. However, when I tried to retrieve voicemail, a message came up saying "phone was not activated" and I needed to enter my email address. It would not take it again, and I lost the "FP" icon...along with the ability to make calls and send texts. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website FAQ's, the last of which was to uninstall the messaging app. I did that, but it did not uninstall completely, and now has an "update" button instead of the "install" button that the FAQ says should appear. When I hit the "update" button, I get a "task cannot be completed (error 404)" message.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...especially since it's Saturday. Thanks
    I received my HTC EVO 4g about a week ago, activated it approximately 5 days ago. Activation went fairly smoothly, got the "FP" icon in the top left corner and culd make calls, send texts. Yesterday I tried to get voicemail messages, and the message appeared saying "I needed to activate this phone." I tried to enter my email address and the message came up saying wrong address. After this, the "FP" icon disappeared...and I could not make calls or send texts.

I went through the troubleshooting steps on the FAQ's...including the last step to uninstall/reinstall the FreedomPop Messaging app. After the uninstall, the button changed to "Update," and I could not reinstall the app...I get a "this action could not be completed (error 404)" message. The messaging app appears to work the same as it did before I hit uninstall.

So, I cannot make calls/send texts, or reactivate my phone. I'm dead in the water at the moment. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    So to clarify what Taylor is saying. Once the confg app is used the first time, it is useless afterwards?And we will get a "config app has stopped working" is normal?
    What if the "FP" icon dissapears from the phone's upper left hand corner, is that a normal thing?
    I got my HTC EVO 4G about 2 weeks ago now. It activated, the "FP" logo showed up in the top left corner, and I was able to make calls and send texts. Friday, I tried to retrieve my voicemails and it my phone was not activated and to enter my email address. I entered it, and
    @taylor. You are correct, I can sign in thru messaging app, but there is few issues.

With out working config app there is no way to update profile or prl. So not matter what config app needs to be fixed.

Also messaging app does not remember user have once you close it... so not sure that phone work the same way.
    Also Taylor... Play Store tell me there is update to MYfreedomPop. but when I try to install it I get package file was not signed correctly. uninstall the previuos copy of the app and try again

Per TS I was to uninstall using google play and download again... but there is no uninstall option on google play
    @taylor... any news on this ?
  • @alexluk - I have re-escalated the issue to our development team so they can provide some more detailed info than they previously were able to provide. Thanks for your patience as we try to get this figured out for you.
  • LukeLuke Posts: 318FreedomPop Newbie
    Hm........
    Wroof!
    Taylor said:

@alexluk - I have re-escalated the issue to our development team so they can provide some more detailed info than they previously were able to provide. Thanks for your patience as we try to get this figured out for you.

Any news ?
  • The development team is still looking into the issue. I will continue to check on the progress and let you know as soon as I know something.
  • susiesusie Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I got exactly same error when trying to update Myfreedompop from Play Store: "package file was not signed correctly, uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again ...", emailed to the support, I was told to uninstall and re-install again, but there is no uninstall option on google play. I asked this to the support but never got replied after that...

I am with you on that one Susie.. Tech Support does not have a clue what they are talking about... No uninstall exist... so I am in the same boat.. Waiting for Taylor
    Taylor.. any news or answers to the last question from Susie
  • kalastaakalastaa Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm a bit late in the game....but everything that @alexluk says is true for me as well. Actually, the phone worked and config worked until I was told to update Profile and PRL in 4G (I had updated it in 3G in the past) It hasn't worked since. Even with a complete system reboot. Also, I get error code 67; "Unable to establish wireless data connection" everytime I move. =/
  • @kalastaa - Sorry you are having issues, it sounds like a coverage issue. Please try the following steps and let me know if you continue to have problems:

Please dial ##786# - Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code: 172121

Hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.
  • kalastaakalastaa Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Taylor , I sent you a private message.
This discussion has been closed.