Does FreedomPop have a GSM sim compatible with these phones?

CVWCVW Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I'm looking at a couple budget smartphones on Amazon: ZTE Z Max 2 and Motorola Moto E (1st Generation)

Unfortunately, both of these phones are GSM, and I'm not sure if FreedomPop has a compatible sim card for them, since the freedompop site is a bit difficult to navigate. My zipcode is 32192, and the Sprint service here is a bit spotty. A GSM would be way better, since the T-mobile coverage here is pretty decent.

Will either of these phones work for my area? Does FreedomPop have a compatible GSM sim that would make them work in my zipcode? Thanks.

Comments

• dimusdimus Posts: 130FreedomPop Newbie
    Your Moto E has following 3G Bands: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    So, while it is missing one of two T-Mobile bands (1700 MHz), it has both ATT bands (850 MHz and 1900 MHz) and main Tmobile band (1900 MHz). So, unless you live in weird location (I doubt this place exists in US) without ATT reception and where T-Mobile has only legacy band 4 (1700 MHz), you will be fine.

ZTE Z Max 2: will work with Freedompop (it has all T-Mobile and ATT bands).
  • CVWCVW Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    edited August 2016 #3
    doubleposted on accident
    Post edited by CVW on
  • CVWCVW Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the response. Does FreedomPop actually have a GSM sim card now? (Since it used to be Sprint only). Do you know if it would try to access all 4 channels, or one in particular?
  • Jean MillerJean Miller Posts: 140FreedomPop Newbie
    I think the GSM SIM just connects to whichever network it detects first. I've had connect to T-Mobile once but it's usually At&t. I get only a couple mbps dl and ul is horrible.
    I like me deals and free stuff. Thx, peeps