**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Samsung S3 can send and receive texts but incoming and outgoing calls won't go through

Stefani WilliamsStefani Williams Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
Hi guys.
I am asking this question for my mom. Two days ago, she suddenly lost the ability to make or receive calls. She consistently gets the "weak signal" popup when she tries to make a call, taps "regular call", then the screen shows that the phone is calling, but the phone being called will not ring and her phone will just hang. I have gotten that alert before and so has she, but tapping "regular call" will usually still put it through. Also, her phone will not ring if someone is trying to call her. It shows that she has "missed calls" even though her phone never rang.

She has tried updating PRL and profile, synced account, turned the phone off and then on, made sure apps are updated, and taken the battery out. It does not matter if she is on wifi or 4g. My father also has FP and the same phone, but he is not having this issue. She can still send and receive texts, however. It also shows that she has 22 days left in her billing cycle.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is? I was hoping for a solution before having to call for tech assistance. If you need her account details, I can provide that info. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Stefani WilliamsStefani Williams Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jorge M. @Florencia Salinas ??? I have perused the forum, but is there a list of admins we can refer to when requesting help? My mother's S3 is still not making or receiving calls. I was hoping to try to resolve the issue before having to call support? Please advise. Thanks!
  • Mark DaleMark Dale Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same kind of problem. Sometimes I get an error code 97 but most of the time the phone just sits there saying "calling". Messages sometimes work and sometimes don't. Can anyone help ?