Galaxy SIII Failing Network/FreedomPop Activation

mrrlynjcmrrlynjc Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
This is a cross-post from Services, but I'm getting no help there, so I figured I'd try in the Devices too.

I've got a Galaxy SIII that has been activated on FreedomPop in the past, but was off for long enough that it went inactive with FreedomPop. Now I'm trying to reactivate the phone, and I get a Error Code 407 when I try the PRL/Profile Reset, which seems necessary based on other forum responses (the normal reactivation process through the messaging app fails)

(https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10007/byod-galaxy-s3-hands-free-activation-failed-with-server-error/p1). I have done all the steps in that other forum post except the MSL reset because none of the programs that claim to be able to retrieve it are succeeding (SPCUtility, my only hope, gets a remote file error...) Maybe a FreedomPop agent would like to help out with this?

At one point, I was able to get a code 6 error instead of a code 407 when trying the network activation, but either way, PRL/Profile updates fail, and activation through the FreedomPop app fails (with an astonishingly unhelpful message to call customer service, which amounts to a 10 second recorded message to check the forums...)

Looking for some FreedomPop support on this.

Thanks!

Comments

• mrrlynjcmrrlynjc Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Can someone tell me if there is something I am totally missing in my posts? I have yet to receive ANY support from FreedomPop on this (I even sent a support message through their system - I can find no way to find if they replied; I'd assume the system would email me), and I have received no posts either from FreedomPop support users or any other users on here. Has no one had this problem that is active on here? I know it IS a problem, since I have seen it in other posts, but no one has any suggestions as far as things to try? I'm pulling my hair out here!
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016 #3
    @mrrlynjc
    Normally when you get this error, it's a no data error. When you do the profile and prl, do you have wifi on? Are you use home wife or public wifi? Also when you get the message is it on the profile or the prl? The account your using with this phone, when you log on, do you have and red bars, or anything to have you think your account is suspended or dormant? Can you use the FreedomPop Messaging app on wifi only? Is the app 100% updated in the play store.

I am slow getting to my Pc this morning, but let see what we can do? Sorry for the 101 questions.

Let me know and I'll see what we can figure out.
    Nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

edited August 2016 #4
    @njfulwider5 In order of your questions asked:

1: I have tried PRL and Profile both with WiFi on and off (I occasionally see 3G in the network connection icon and figure I should try pushing data through that connection). When on WiFi, I have done it on my home network, and on a public wifi, with the same results, they all come up with Code 407. I once got a Code 3 (maybe it was a 6? it was a connection error) doing the same process, along with repeated ##scrtn#

2: When I log into my freedompop account, I do have a red bar, and when I click the activate now button, I get a message saying "Oops, something went wrong with waking up your device. Please call Customer Support at (888) 743-8107 or try again." I find it funny they tell you to call that number, it goes no where.

3: If I open the Messaging app, I get something similar - It lands on a BYOD/activation screen where you enter the IMEI and email, which I enter (It remembers my IMEI number, thankfully) and it takes me to an imbedded webpage (the regular FreedomPop page) where it has you log in just like in a normal browser, and then click the 'activate now' button, same as above, with the same results.

4: The app is fully updated.
    Post edited by mrrlynjc on
    Well, things have changed - Now FreedomPop is acting like the phone has never been activated before (at least through messaging app on the phone - it's trying to take me through the signup process/bill me again, etc), even though if I log into the website, it has my phone and plan details.

Is there any way to know/search/message actual FreedomPop customer service agents (the ones that can fix issues like this) on the forums here? I'm not seeing any search function for users...
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrrlynjc

It just sounds like your account is suspended or dormant. The red bar should have had the reasoning. Clicking the link and getting the popped bubble, sounds like you was affected by the current site issue they had. Try using a different browser and try clicking the link again to unsuspend or un dormant the account.

I am sure the app is fine, it says this when an account is suspended or dormant. Sometimes when the phone is actually, not activated.

Let me know what happens. Worst case, I will send you a DM requesting some personal info on the account and well have an administrator look into it.

NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Tried Chrome, FireFox and I.E (a bit dated version, but) - all came back with the Oops message after saying the device was asleep from non-use...
    @njfulwider5
    Oh, the red bar just says "Your device is asleep due to non-use. If you'd like to wake up your device, click here. "
    @njfulwider5, what info do you need to get an admin to look at it?
  • no1no1 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    mrrlynjc said:

@njfulwider5
    Oh, the red bar just says "Your device is asleep due to non-use. If you'd like to wake up your device, click here. "

Hey have you solved this? I'm getting the same message:
    "Your device is asleep due to non-use. If you'd like to wake up your device, click here."