Visual Voicemail Personalized Greeting

James ButeynJames Buteyn Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
edited February 2014 in Archived Discussions #1
This version allows the user to edit the greeting. I edited my greeting and clicked save/upload. I then played the greeting and it played correctly. However, when I tested it with another phone my greeting did not play. Instead a canned message played with a female voice. Support first told me to uninstall visual voicemail and reinstall it. Not possible, this app was put on the phone by FreedomPop, it is not a Google Play app. Then support told me to force close the application and clear the data and all would be fine. I did that, but I'm still not getting my greeting. How can this be fixed please. I have no clue where the greeting that currently plays is coming from. Also, is there a way to cut down on the number of rings before the message plays? It seems to ring forever before the message finally plays. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Best Answer

Answers

• Michael HollanMichael Hollan Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same issue. I need my phone to use my message
  • pencinpencin Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
  • I am having the same issue. I need my phone to use my message

pencin said:

Our development team is working on the issue, we will hopefully have a resolution for the issue soon.
  • Lonnie  MyersLonnie Myers Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Did everyone who's unable to have their greeting play pay the $2.49 per month fee to get voicemail?
  • James ButeynJames Buteyn Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Lonnie, I have, and feel like I should have a refund for an app that isn't working properly. I don't mind paying once it's working.
  • Robert GrenierRobert Grenier Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having problems setting up my voicemail. According to the User Guide, I tap"Home", the Up carat (^), then Voicemail. There is no "Personalize now" selection on that screen, just "No voicemail"

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.
  • @James - Are you still able to receive voicemails? You just can't change the greeting right now, correct?
  • Unfortunately this feature is not currently functioning properly with our FreedomPhones. Our development team is working on a fix for the customized greeting option, but right now you will be unable to customize the greeting for your voicemail. There is also not currently an option to change the number of rings before voicemail picks up, I have however forwarded this along to our development team to see if that option can be added in a future update.
  • James ButeynJames Buteyn Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    @Taylor, Correct, I can receive voicemails but cannot customize the greeting.
  • Glenn CookGlenn Cook Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I was going to sign up for the voicemail but I see that it still needs some tweaking.
  • Lonnie  MyersLonnie Myers Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Taylor,
    I do not have voice mail and like have the same problem as Robert.
    I'm having problems setting up my voicemail. According to the User Guide, I tap"Home", the Up carat (^), then Voicemail. There is no "Personalize now" selection on that screen, just "No voicemail"
  • Dale SengDale Seng Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    In my services section of the freedompop site I see that I've paid for visual voice mail.

On the phone I was able to record a customized greeting, which I understand is a feature that is not implemented.

When someone calls the phone and it "goes to voice mail", I hear the canned greeting (expected, since the customized greeting is not implemented).

PROBLEM: the messages getting left by callers are not reported in the Visual Voicemail application; when I use that feature of the phone, it says there are no messages.
This discussion has been closed.