Sync Phone with Computer

EtidEtid Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Does anyone out there know how I can get information like pictures and music transfered from my computer to the phone. I have a HTC EVO 4G phone

Answers

• James ButeynJames Buteyn Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Go to the Play store and install AirDroid. It's free and very easy to work with. You must use the Chrome browser, it won't work with any of the others.
  • S MPS MP Posts: 350FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I agree with James, AirDroid is a great app!
    I'm not an employee...only a volunteer. If you need official assistance:

Freedompop Customer Service numbers-(888) 743-8107---(888) 906-3184---855) 703-5785---(888) 673-8518---888) 915-2647--(888) 731-1555--(888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm PDT.
  • Alexander LinAlexander Lin Posts: 48FreedomPop Newbie
    If you want something simple and understandable then AirDroid is great. However if you are more of a old fashion kind of dude, I'm your guy. The HTC evo 4g is android based (not apple sync hassle) so it works much like a windows computer. When you plug your phone into the computer a menu will pop u asking u for 4 options:
    1.Charge only
    2. HTC Sync
    3.Disk Drive
    4. USB tethering

I typically cycle between options 1 and 3. Option 3 mounts the phone like a usb stick so you can literally go into the files of the phone so you can copy or paste images you want into and out of the phone. All camera photos are stored in the DCIM folder >> 100media. the stuff you downloaded from the browser are stored in the Downloads folder. Likewise you can copy and paste things from your computer into your phone like a usb storage. For example if you have a folder of songs, just copy the folder into the phone and the music app on the phone should automatically detect them!
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Awesome Alex..."WE no need no stinking apps" award lol :ar!
  • EtidEtid Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    When I tried this my computer thought that the phone was a disc drive and wanted a disc put in. Any ideas
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    The ticking has to be done on the phone as far as I know. I have it preset on my phone, but Alex explained above.
This discussion has been closed.