Global SIM - In USA. Why do I get a London, UK IP address??

C DelaneyC Delaney Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I've been using the global SIM service for a couple of weeks now. I'm using the freedompop.foggmobile.com APN. I have never been outside the US (or even Minnesota) with this service. Yet I am assigned an IP address that identifies from London, UK.

I've seen another post with a couple users who experience the same thing. I have a data connection, but the latency is very bad. What is going on, and how do I fix it??

Comments

• yh88leeyh88lee Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, I have the same problem. And the UK IP will direct my google to use google.uk, and the worst thing is the Pokemon Go stops to be functional when my IP is in UK (but my phone GPS is obviously in USA).
  • yh88leeyh88lee Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, I have the same problem. When my IP is at UK, Pokemon Go stops working because it cannot login. It thinks that I'm physically in USA, but my IP is from UK.

I have two exact phones. The other phone doesn't have this problem at all. The only difference is the SIM card. Also, when I tried to install the FreedomPop messaging, the one that has IP at UK always ended up with an app size of 63+MB, while the functional phone has an app size of just about 33 or 34MB. Tried re-installing it many times, but not working yet.
  • Anthony HeingartnerAnthony Heingartner Posts: 27FreedomPop Newbie
    any one have an update to this? I do am getting a UK IP and its not allowing me to stream Pandora/Spotify as "this applicaion is not avaible in your reagon:" I run a VPN into the US (Even though i'm in the US) and it let's me work but sooo slow because has to come from US to UK back to US
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    This the way the global sim works.
  • esokesok Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    The Global GSM will give you a UK IP and lets you use the phone in a bunch of different countries. If you want a US-based IP you should get the USA GSM Sim card instead, but you lose the ability to use the phone in different countries.