**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why does freedompop message app want to turn on camera of my phone?

xmzxmz FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
I have an app to monitor and control actions of apps in my phone. Quite often, I noticed that freedompop tends to turn on the camera of my phone. I wonder if it is true that freedompop would access the camera. What data are collected by the app when turning on the camera?

Comments

• David McManusDavid McManus FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    This is my first "smart" phone and I've noticed that most apps require "permission" to access the camera, microphone, contacts, etc. They also state that they may edit contacts, send texts, delete texts, make calls, etc.
  • walter b kuleczwalter b kulecz FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
    Sloppy programmers asking for more permissions than they actually need makes it easier for the the bad guys to get in. Sorry to say, but the default Messenger on Android 6.0 asks for the same thing :(

So its not just freedompop doing it.