Texting

Autumn RobinsonAutumn Robinson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
The phone was recently received. My texting service works when I'm using WIFI. I can receive text messages over 3g/4g service, however I can not send messages. Can someone please provide assistance?

Thank you

Comments

• The phone was recently received. My texting service works when I'm using WIFI. I can receive text messages over 3g/4g service, however I can not send messages. Can someone please provide assistance?

Thank you

Please try the following:

From the home screen, tap menu (next to the home button)
    Go to Settings > Apps > All (on top right)
    Scroll down and select the FreedomPop Config app
    Tap Force Stop, then Clear Data
    Now repeat these steps for the Messaging app.
    Reopen the FreedomPop Config app and enter your email address. It should now accept the email and display the FP icon on the top left of your screen. However, if you are still encountering an error, try this method:

Go to the Google Play store and search for the FreedomPop Messaging App (icon of a Blue Quote box)
    Tap on the app, and then select the option to uninstall
    Wait for the uninstall to complete and when the install option appears, tap it
    Download the newest version of the app and then open it once the installation is complete
    Reenter your email address and wait for the FP icon to appear on the top left corner

Let us know if you continue to have issues.
  • Autumn RobinsonAutumn Robinson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for the assistance. Is this app intended to only work via WIFI?
  • Thank you for the assistance. Is this app intended to only work via WIFI?

No, it should also work on 3G/4G. If you continue to have issues please let me know.
This discussion has been closed.