**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

FreedomPop GSM Global SIM Card: FAQ

njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 31 in Global SIM Card #1
1. What are the requirements to use the GSM sim? Or what is the current Guideline to use the GSM sim?

Must be a GSM Unlocked Android or IPhone (normally T-Mobile or AT&T), CDMA will not work.

Android 4.0 or iPhone with iOS 7 or higher. "BlackBerry OS & Windows"phone" OS-Not Compatible"

Deactivated from the old Carrier

Must accept a Mini-SIM, Micro-SIM, or Nano-SIM Card

Note: Iphone 4/4s have no way to add the APN without a few extra Steps. Its 50/50 when activating.

2. Will I have to activate the sim, when I receive in the mail? Or how much does it cost to activate once I receive the sim?

Activation happens at the time of purchase. You activate the sim to use in the phone. Sim will work out of the box, as long as you configure the phone correctly, after you place in the phone.

3. What is the pin unlocking code for my phone, why is my phone asking for a code?

Please contact the previous carrier for the (PUK) code. When you unlock the phone, this should have been supplied. FreedomPop cannot supply the PUK code. Make sure you do not enter the code wrong to many time. This will lock the phone permanently, and you might have to pay to get it fixed.

4. I followed the instructions on the paperwork or online and there is no place to put the APN settings on my Phone.

Make sure the phone is unlocked, If you have an IPhone, reset the network settings. Please use the information here to find the settings-

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2670/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ2ODQ2MDYwMi9zaWQvSmp4ZkxzVm0=

5. Why didn’t you ask the sim size when I purchase the sim online. Or what size is the sim you guys sale?

The sim comes as a Standard Sim, with pop out for the Micro and Nano. It is basically a Nano sim with Micro and Standard sim card Adapter.

6. I got the sim and it is not the correct size? Do you sell the sim smaller?

The sim comes as a Standard Sim, with pop out for the Micro and Nano. It is basically a Nano sim with Micro and Standard sim card Adapter.

7. Can I use my phone number and my phone? (T-Mobile and AT&T). Currently activated?

Yes, purchase the sim. Than pick a FreedomPop Number. Port number to the sim. This will deactivate the phone on the previous carrier. Have Previous Carrier unlock the phone. Place sim in phone and follow instructions in the package. This can only be done with any phone compatible with the GSM Sim.

The number will also need to be compatible with FreedomPop when porting.

8. Can I port “transfer” a number from “carrier”?

Most numbers are transferable. Please contact support to see if the number is compatible or test your number here with an active account, please log into you FreedomPop account and click this link-

http://www.freedompop.com/acct_manage_number.htm

Click "Transferring Existing Number" and enter your phone number and click "Check Eligibility.”

Please be advised that while most numbers can be ported in to FreedomPop, certain numbers are not supported.

9. Can I transfer my current FreedomPop number to the Sim?

Yes, please contact Customer support to transfer. Only Customer support has the ability to swap 2 FreedomPop numbers.

10. Why is asking me for a phone number before I purchase, I don’t have a number I can use, or I don’t want to transfer my number yet.

The number on the Credit Card page is just a number you can be reached on. This number is only used if there is an issue with the package, or service. Please use a home phone number, or a number you can be reached on. After you click “Activate”, you will be redirect to a page, which has you pick a phone number, based on CITY & STATE, ZIPCODE or AREA CODE

11. Are there any hidden fees associated after activation?

There are no hidden fees or anything of that nature after you have activated! Rest assured, you will not be charged without your knowledge. Please remember to downgrade your plan to the free plan, and downgrade any free trials to ensure you aren’t on a paid subscription.

https://t.co/I9bQGqKWl6

The Free Plan is the default plan when downgrading your account. There is no other way to pick this plan. Once downgraded, you will be on the Free Plan.

12. Will I have to activate this Sim after I get it in the mail?

No, the sim was activated when you purchased. Works out of the box as long as the phone meets the guidelines and you follow instruction in the package.

13. I looked for the coverage map, do you have coverage “zip code”. Or What Carrier are you use with the sim?

To see the coverage areas, FreedomPop has not created a Map yet, we've been using this map>>

https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html#?type=gophone&opt=payg

Make sure to click Data to see the coverage area. The GSM sim predominantly uses AT&T, but will use T-Mobile when there is no AT&T.

14. What countries are covered and will you go to (country) soon?

Supported Countries;

Austria, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium , Germany , Norway, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Greece, Poland, UK, Croatia, Hungary, Portugal, USA, Czech Republic, Ireland , Romania, Denmark, Italy, Slovakia, Finland, Luxembourg, Spain.

"Coming soon"-Supported Countries (not supported yet;

Bangladesh, Philippines, Mexico, Brazil, Russia, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, South Africa, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam.

We will be adding more countries very soon! If yours is not in the above list, please continue to check back, as we will be adding more supported countries as we expand.

15. I don’t want to the plan offered with the sim card; can I purchase the sim card with the Basic Plan?

Unfortunately this is currently the only way to purchase the sim. FreedomPop is a no Contract company and you can downgrade, upgrade or cancel at any time after activation.

16. Can I purchase the sim card not activated and activate when I am ready to use?

Currently FreedomPop only sales the card activated at time of Purchase. You can have the card deactivated after purchase or downgrade to the 100% free plan after activation...

17. How long is the trial offers and how much will I have to pay after?

It comes with a 30 day Free Trial of Unlimited Talk & Text and 1gb Data plan, the cost after the 30 day Trial is over is 19.99$. It also comes with a 30 day Free Trial of Premium plus Packages (see link), the Cost after the 30 day trial is over is 7.99$. Both plans combined are 27.98$ a month after the 30 day trial expires. Premium Plus package>>

http://images.postdirect.com/master/9/1182696/PremiumPlusGlobal.png

You are always free to downgrade your account to 100% free if you see fit.

18. How do I downgrade to the Basic plan? There is no way to do this on my account. Or I don’t see the free plan on my account, how do I get the free basic plan.

The Free Plan is the default plan when downgrading your account. There is no other way to pick this plan. Once downgraded you will be on the Free Plan.

How to downgrade your Plan-

Make sure to log into your FreedomPop account online and click this link>>

http://www.freedompop.com/acct_plan.htm

You will see your data plan at the very top of this page. In of the Top boxes, click the words in the box that says “Details and Plan Management". It will take you to a new page with all your plan details. At the very bottom of this Box, you’re going to see the word (downgrade this plan/offer), very tiny words. Click those word and a pop up will show, asking you to confirm the downgrade. It might even ask you to try a different plan, or do you want to keep your saved data. Just click downgrade anyways. You might get another Pop up asking for your password to complete the downgrade. Enter your account password and proceed. It will confirm once you are downgraded.

How to downgrade your Service Plan-

Make sure you are still logged in and visit this link>>>

https://www.freedompop.com/acct_services.htm

This will have the service plans, which always get missed when anybody downgrades to Free. The Top boxes will be the service plans you are subscribed to. Start with the top box and work your way down (depending on how many service plans you have). Over to the right of each service plan is the words with an arrow "View Details->". Click view details and it takes you to a new page. On this page, under the box with the Service plan details are the words "To deactivate this service, click here". Click the link A pop up will show, click>> (Click here to confirm cancellation of your service). You will get another confirmation after it is complete.

2nd answer to 18-

To downgrade your Voice, Text, and Data plan to the 100% free one, please click here-

http://tinyurl.com/downgrademyplan

To downgrade your Premium Plus Service Plan, please click here-

http://www.freedompop.com/account/service/downgradePremier

Complete step by step instructions-

https://t.co/I9bQGqKWl6

19. What other plans are offered with the sim card, I cannot find any information?

Please visit this site for the latest in plans and Value added service plans-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/16059/freedompops-plans-and-value-added-services-updated-6-29-2016#latest

20. I was supposed to have 500mbs of Data, can you please address. It currently says I have 200 mbs.

Unfortunately GSM data is a little pricier than CDMA Data. Currently 200mbs is the max with the GSM sim. 500 mbs is the max with CDMA phone and hotspots. To see plans and pricing, please visit this link here-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/16059/freedompops-plans-and-value-added-services-updated-6-29-2016#latest

You can still increase your free data 500mb per month by connecting with Freedom Friends!

21. Why do I have to download the FreedomPop Messaging app? Can’t I just use the Native messaging app and calls on my phone?

FreedomPop uses a VOIP app for Calls and Text. The app takes over the phone and uses the native dialer for calls and the app for Text. Currently 2g calling is not a feature FreedomPop uses, unless you purchase Premium Voice. Than PV only works when you have a low signal.

22. The FreedomPop Messaging app says that the app in not compatible with my phone.

Make sure that you configured the sim correctly and you have data enabled. The app has a failsafe to ensure this app is only used when a phone is activated with Data. Once you have data, or you can surf the net on Data, attempt to install the app using Wi-Fi.

23. When I placed the sim in my phone, I have no data or calling. It is asking me to activate.

Make sure you follow the instructions that came with the sim, or you can use the instructions here-

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2670

24. How long will it take to receive my sim card in the mail?

Normally, FreedomPop will ship the SIM Card out within 24-48 hours. It may take between 3-7 business days for you to receive your SIM Card from then! FedEx hands off to USPS for delivery. So if you see Delivered in FedEx, check the USPS tracking to make sure.

25. What are the standard procedures for activating the card after I receive? (IPhone, Android)
Please see link-

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2670

After download the FreedomPop Messaging. Initialize the app, by making one call or text. You could also click “sync account data”. You might even see the app syncing. It will sync in the notification area saying, "locating User for Device", till you see your phone number"Freedompop Setup Complete". The screen might even turn blue for an instant with a FreedomPop Logo. This is normal. It is just the app initializing. After you initialize, and the phone syncs, you can use the phone's native dialer for Phone calls. To make a text or receive text, you will use the FreedomPop Messaging app. The app will ask you if you want to make FreedomPop the default. Make sure to press yes.

26. What phones can I use with the GSM sim card?

Any Phone that meets these guidelines-

Must be a GSM Unlocked Android or IPhone (normally T-Mobile or AT&T), CDMA will not work.

Android 2.3 or iPhone with iOS 7 or higher.

Deactivated from the old Carrier

Must accept a Mini-SIM, Micro-SIM, or Nano-SIM Card

27. Can I use this in a Flip phone, which is GSM for T-Mobile or AT&T?

Flip phones currently use only 2g voice, and this not a service FreedomPop Provides predominately.

28. I tried to activate the phone after I got the sim and it said to contact customer support (used BYOD Portal).

Sim is already activated. Your SIM Card is already activated from the time of your purchase. The BYOD portal is for CDMA phones only, and not for your SIM Card.

29. Does my phone use data (internet) when I am connected to Wi-Fi, will it count against my data (internet) total?

Whenever you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, you are not using data from your plan allotment. FreedomPop encourages users to connect to Wi-Fi networks as much as possible, to prevent data overages.

30. The FreedomPop app is asking me to activate, the phone worked earlier? Or the phone is asking me to update data plans.

Please check your account and see if you might have used up your current data (internet) plan. Make sure Data (internet) is working on the phone. This could mean one of 2 things, you are out of Data (internet) or your phone is not receiving a data (internet) connection.

31. What speeds will I get with the global Phone sim?

Generally, you will see speeds of 3-5mbps. As this utilizes 4G HSPA+, this will be slightly slower than an LTE connection but definitely usable.

32. What network do you use with the Global Phone sim?

Predominately in the states we use AT&T and T-Mobile when AT&T is not available.

33. When I try and use (Apps like WhatsApp, Google Voice), it say I cannot use because I am not in the US or Why do I have a UK IP address. Or why does my phone say I am in the UK? Why can I not sign up for certain services that are US only?

Your SIM Card is assigned a U.K. IP Address. Because of this, your IP Address location will appear as a U.K. one. Rest assured that GPS apps will use your correct location.

34. I am traveling to (Country) can I use the phone and can I call home for free or will there be any charges.

You can still call home with the phone and they can call you based on the plan you have.

35. I am traveling to (country) Can I call locally free or will there be any charges.

Please add the Global Free 100 plan so that you can call internationally here-

http://www.freedompop.com/acct_international_plans.htm

If you need more than 100 minutes, you will need to upgrade to a paid Global plan.

36. Can I have a (Country) phone number, or does it have to be US.

Unfortunately you can only get a USA number for free. We do offer a Global Virtual number, so anyone calling you internationally can call your virtual number which will forward to your regular number. This will cost $4.99 per number per month.

37. Will my phone work in (country) or will I have to use Wi-Fi?

If your phone is on the supported country list, than the phone will work on Wi-Fi and Data. If you’re in a country that has no coverage, than you can still use the phone with Wi-Fi.

38. Do I have to do anything to my phone when I travel to (country), or will the phone work as soon as I step off the plane?

Yes the phone will work off the plane, except calls locally, will require an upgrade to Global Calling and a Virtual number if you want to receive calls you can still call the United States or any United States number. Your Mobile Broadband plan will work as it would work in the United States.

Note: Questions 34-38, please reference Freedompop post here-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/19481/traveling-with-your-gsm-global-phone-sim#latest

39. Can I use Premium Voice with the sim?

Currently there is no Premium Voice for the GSM sim.

40. What happens when I run of Data, voice or Text? Can I still use my Unlimited Talk and text when my data run out? Or I have Unlimited Talk and Text but I ran out of data, why won’t my phone work?

Unfortunately when you run out of Data, your account will suspend till you upgrade, or configure your account to have overages (if you shut off auto to-up). If you run out of Voice or Text, than the account will suspend till you upgrade, or the account rolls over. There is no pay as you go for voice and text

41. Can I use the sim in more than one phone? Or Can I use multiple Sims in one phone, if I buy more than one...

Yes, you can pull the SIM Card out and use in another phone as long as it supports FreedomPop. You can also use multiple SIM Cards in one phone as long as you configure each SIM Card separately.

42. The number in about phone setting still has the phones older number, the number I picked or ported is not on the phone. Or the number I picked or ported is correct when I call, but the number on the phone is incorrect, is there any way to fix this.

The number you are comparing it with, was it found in Settings>About Phone Settings? The number in the about phone section of the settings is the MDN (Mobile Directory Number). It allows sprint to provide you data services without the ability to access the 2g voice network (2g industry standard). Most phones use 2g for their voice calls. 2g is the industry Standard with all cellular Networks. Reason why phones used on Major Carriers, you can shut off data (4g/3g/Wi-Fi) and still place a call. The phones FreedomPop sale have the 2g voice turned off and then given a MDN in its place (2g number is replaced with a MDN#). They use a string of numbers that show up like a phone number. Sometimes if you call the MDN# you will get another person on the other line. It is just coincidence how the MDN# will be a phone number sometimes. With the IPhone it is in Settings>General>About Phone.

Because FreedomPop use a VOIP app or Voice over Data, The MDN cannot be changed unless you switch to a new carrier. The MDN replaces the 2G Number a Typical carrier like Sprint, AT&T or T-Mobile would use. FreedomPop uses 4g and 3G to make and receive calls.

Note: This is normally on CDMA, I am sure with GSM Data the Carrier treats it the same way. The number left on a GSM phone maybe the number you used when you had the phone activated. Normally the number in About Phone settings will have nothing to do with the number used with Freedompop Messaging, or Iphone's Free Talk and Text. I just felt I needed to add this just encase the question pops up.

43. When I received the sim, it said I have 15 days left till the next month rolls over and I have to pay. Is there any way to have that reset so I can use the full trial? Or why, does my account say I have 15 days left, I just got the sim today.

When you purchase and activate the Sim(Pressing the Green Activate Button on the Credit Card Page). The Account goes in a Dormant State. Logging on and you see the Status Bar. Once the Sim Ships the account goes live. This is actually more efficient that calling in and having the Sim activated when you receive. If you would like to extend your plan cycle, please contact customer support for the request..

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Post edited by Jorge on

Comments

• bukzinbukzin FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 39
    Great write up! I see an October date but what year was it last updated?

Thanks
  • Kevin RooksKevin Rooks FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Only a GSM phone works? CDMA with a sim slot for 4G are not compatible? The FP sim card fits. It just isn't being recognized by my BM LG Volt or my phone isn't built to use it?.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Only a GSM phone works? CDMA with a sim slot for 4G are not compatible? The FP sim card fits. It just isn't being recognized by my BM LG Volt or my phone isn't built to use it?.

The Volt is a CDMA device and is incompatible with GSM SIM, because it doesn't have the necessary hardware to support GSM SIMs
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • jeffrjajeffrja FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    I currently have FP service using a LG Nexus 5 phone, and I know that phone uses Sprint's network - CDMA - in the USA. If I buy a new unlocked BYOD GSM phone and activate it with a Global SIM, will only work on AT&T's and T-Mobile's networks, and never connect to Sprint? Sprint does offer service using 4G LTE bands 25, 26, and 41 in the USA as best that I can tell. After researching cellphones, I'm very close to purchasing an Apple Iphone 6S because of all the 4G LTE bands that it can work on. The Apple 6S will work on bands 25, 26, and 41 that I believe are used by Sprint for CDMA service. I would NOT want to lose my current capability of connecting to Sprint with Premium Voice in the USA. I spend more than 95% of my time in the USA. It was my understanding that for instance using an Iphone 6S activated with Global Sim card would connect to the strongest available network in the USA - most of the time Sprint. This is a key point and question. I'm trying to be sure that Premium Voice will still work with a GSM phone activated with a Global SIM? Premium Voice is very useful and works well, and I would NOT want to lose Premium Voice with a GSM Phone using a Global SIM.
  • Angie BarrientosAngie Barrientos FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 19 admin
    jeffrja said:

I currently have FP service using a LG Nexus 5 phone, and I know that phone uses Sprint's network - CDMA - in the USA. If I buy a new unlocked BYOD GSM phone and activate it with a Global SIM, will only work on AT&T's and T-Mobile's networks, and never connect to Sprint? Sprint does offer service using 4G LTE bands 25, 26, and 41 in the USA as best that I can tell. After researching cellphones, I'm very close to purchasing an Apple Iphone 6S because of all the 4G LTE bands that it can work on. The Apple 6S will work on bands 25, 26, and 41 that I believe are used by Sprint for CDMA service. I would NOT want to lose my current capability of connecting to Sprint with Premium Voice in the USA. I spend more than 95% of my time in the USA. It was my understanding that for instance using an Iphone 6S activated with Global Sim card would connect to the strongest available network in the USA - most of the time Sprint. This is a key point and question. I'm trying to be sure that Premium Voice will still work with a GSM phone activated with a Global SIM? Premium Voice is very useful and works well, and I would NOT want to lose Premium Voice with a GSM Phone using a Global SIM.

Hello! Our Global SIM cards, can be used with any GSM Unlocked smartphone (running Android 5.0+ or iOS 7.0+) or GSM unlocked hotspot device. They connect to AT&T's and T-Mobile's networks. When it comes to BYOD, you will need to use a CDMA locked Sprint smartphone.

However, if you want to use a Global SIM card and still have the Premium Voice service, you will be able to.
  • twincloudstwinclouds FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 13
    I noticed that when I make a call without Wifi connection, my data plan is deducted about 2MB per minute of connection. Are these data used for phone call counted against my data plan?
  • RHPRHP FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    My device is unlocked but it only shows "Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile" as available networks. Which one should I choose to activate my SIM, please? Also, when I try to set the APN, it won't let me just set an APN, it won't save it unless I provide a bunch of other info like MCC. When I just enter the freedompop.foggmobile.com APN and try to go to enable roaming, it starts demanding this other information. If I just exit it doesn't save Freedompop as an access point name. This is very frustrating. I'm going to have to cancel the premium plan on this SIM card because I can't get it set up and don't want to be charged for a service I can't set up. Please advise. Thank you.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need to fill in extra places in the APN and it works for you, great !

Most auto populate default or associated values to the foggmobile.com site.
    ---------------------------------
    Please make sure your phone is with the following settings:

Data is turned on
    Roaming is turned on
    APN is exactly as below...

Name: FREEDOMPOP [This is optional, you can really put anything here]
    APN: freedompop.foggmobile.com
    APN Type: default
    MCC: 234
    MNC: 20
    IP Protocol: IPv4
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    Bearer: Unspecified
    MVNO type: none

leave everything else blank

When set up correctly, you might see an "R" next to the data signal in the notification bar. This mean's it's "roaming" which is necessary for the service.

These are the values I have discovered for use in USA. I suspect the other countries will have different MCC & MNC values
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, & 803S
  • SlySly FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    My SIM card only shows voice and text, no data plan in the app, even though there was supposed to be free monthly data plus some bonus data. I try placing calls to the phone with this SIM and I am sent to voicemail saying I'm not available. the phone with the SIM never rings to let me know someone is calling. So it's obviously not working. I tried logging in online, and it no longer shows any account information, it only shows that bar, as if something was just ordered but hasn't been shipped. Does this mean they are sending another SIM card, hopefully one with data this time? It's looked like that online for several days now, but no one ever contacted me to say if they are sending a new SIM or anything, so I have no idea what to do at this point. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks so much!
  • Joseph NorrisJoseph Norris FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Thanks for the guide, realized im in the wrong place. I was searching for several flip phones. Bye
  • OnaquestOnaquest FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 27
    I currently have a freedom-pop cdma phone. I read above that there is no premium voice with gsm. In general is the gsm signal stronger than cdma signal when covering the same area. I have issue indoors and around stores, and building without using premium voice. I also want to know does the GSM phones update the same way. on the cdma phones the updates come at random with out notification. When a a update come your phone may lose connection and you are with out service until you manual update. This is my biggest complain with Freedom-pop service. When i want to use my phone or I'm expecting a call it shouldn't have to reinstall software once a week or wait 5-10 minutes for my phone to boot up because i turned it off. If the new GSM service don't have this issue I have already picked out my new phone and I'll order it and a sim card today.

----
    39. Can I use Premium Voice with the sim?

Currently there is no Premium Voice for the GSM sim.
    ----
  • xrayangiodocxrayangiodoc FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Is there any chance that my old Nokia Nuron 5230 T-Mobile Symbian OS phone would work with a FreedomPop SIM?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked that phone at GSMarena and it was announced 7 years ago. It has one speed faster than 3G. All the faster speeds supported by the SIM will not be available.
    -------------------------
    Frequecycheck.com reports no connections at all for FreedomPop. Odd. I was sure it would say it connects slow.
    Wait - Symbian OS, no App function. Might get data to work slow but no calling or texting supported becuase the app will not run on that OS.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, & 803S
  • Glen DeBergeGlen DeBerge FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    why can't i call t-mobile cell
  • Douglas MorrillDouglas Morrill FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 36
    For some reason my phone on global GSM, a Nexus 5 on Marshmallow, stops sending texts, maybe even calls. Since it just isn't working I don't know what hasn't been working. It also doesn't send pictures even though I'm paying for it. I have to turn it off and on several times to get the service to sync. Then it appears to be working. I have a GSM LTE sim card would that work better? Should I get my number transferred to that sim. I have a GSM LTE sim under this email and the global sim under an different email. Why does my service disappear?
  • ultrasoulultrasoul FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
    It is now may 2017. Does coming soon support in South East Asian countries mean 2020? FreedomPop has been advertising coming soon for these countries the past 2 years now
  • ultrasoulultrasoul FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 17
    Denmark, Hungary, and Romania connectivity issues is due to roaming agreement issue with foggmobile. There is nothing FreedomPop technical support can do. Only FreedomPop corporate office must work with foggmobile to amend the roaming agreement until then nothing can be done.

Will you able to escalate does roaming agreements you to your corporate office?
  • JakeTseJakeTse FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    If the SIM card does not show you the data like contacts or photos, you might have them deleted or lost. You can still recover data from iOS device from iTunes library, iCloud backup or using iOS data recovery app. If you don't have backup, a third-party app would be your last choice, but you will need to pick up the right one as there are a lot of apps out there. I would recommend you iOS Data Recovery by iphonedata.net.
  • Douglas MorrillDouglas Morrill FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 36
    I have a Nexus 5 with a Global GSM sim but it does NOT work unless on WIFI. Is this work on a Nexus 5, would a GSM LTE be better?
  • phredophredo FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    I have an old unlocked GSM phone, but it has Android 2.3. I have mostly read that using the SIM requires 4.0 or better, but at one point you mention that 2.3 is sufficient. Any chance I could get my old phone working?
  • kerstuffkerstuff FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    Android 4.3 or newer is required to use the FPop app.
  • limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    kerstuff said:

Android 4.3 or newer is required to use the FPop app.

It's been a few months since I needed to install on a 4.0 device, but I think 4.0 is still the current baseline for the FP Messaging & OTT apps (at least, it still shows 4.0 on the Play store).
    phredo said:

I have an old unlocked GSM phone, but it has Android 2.3. I have mostly read that using the SIM requires 4.0 or better, but at one point you mention that 2.3 is sufficient. Any chance I could get my old phone working?

An earlier version (lower than version 17, IIRC) of the Messaging app did work with 2.3, but it's no longer available (you may be able to find it on some of the old version APK sites).
  • lawgatorlawgator FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Just want to point out that the current offer for global sims that can be purchased through Best Buy for 99 cents + shipping does not include preactivated sims. You must activate them yourself, but this is relatively easy by following the instructions. I'm looking forward to trying mine out when I go to the UK late this summer. So far it works fine here in the U.S.
  • ER18ER18 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Please help! i just bought a Lenovo Phab 2 and switch my global sim to it. all functions are working well except one that it does not ring only vibrate on incoming calls. For testing, I tried T-mobile SIM, it rang perfectly. It proves that the problem is not on my Phab 2 setting. Any input on resolving this issue? Many thanks
  • Joseph RedlJoseph Redl FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I have a GSM SIM card activated about 3-4 months ago with an AT&T locked Go Phone, and works OK, but when I tried to move it to an AT&T LG Gpad 7.0 LTE I can't get it working. I setup the APN and APN name but nothing happens. This tablet has no native dialer, and to do a carrier reset I need a dialer. how can I do it?