**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone deleted all my freedom pop account info in the middle of the night, no longer works

Brian WittmanBrian Wittman Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
woke up a couple days ago, plugged my phone into it's charger and turned it on, and it asked to be activated. I activated it and notice that it has a different background, none of my apps, no freedompop accounts, and no network connection. If i turn it off and turn it back on it forgets that i just activated it and requires the whole android-activation process every time. I tried putting my google-account info back in to get to the play-store so i could reinstall the freedompop messaging app, but every time i try to download it the play-store just stops working and i cant open it back up again without restarting the phone and being forced to go through the entire activation processes for android and google yet again.

Since the play-store is completely inaccessible for me (and apparently the phone cant turn-off without losing all its data, settings and account info) I will undoubtedly need to throw this phone away. Can you guys either send me a new phone, or give me a huge discount if i would like a nicer model this time?

Comments

• James BurrowJames Burrow Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Same problem here. SMG935V with 7.0. Upon activation yesterday all was well. This morning freedom apps gone and no longer receive call or texts. Not the best way to start off as provider.
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    If you're using SDcard storage, try removing the card & seeing if the phone still loses it's setups after power-downs. I've seen situations where corrupted SD flash cards cause the phone to misbehave.

If that doesn't help & the phones are still in the warranty period, it might be worth pursuing a replacement, in case their internal flash memory is failing.