**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

WhatsApp doesn't recognize Freedompop #

Naeem ArshadNaeem Arshad Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Has anyone figured out how to use Unlimited WhatsApp Basic Plan Sim number for WhatsApp. I am keep getting the error that this freedompop #is invalid USA #. How am I suppose to use the unlimited no-cost WhatsApp, please help.
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Naeem Arshad
    FreedomPop’s phone number initially would not work on the app. It will see the number as a home landline number sometime. Members are finding out if you call or email and ask, they will white-list the phone number so you can add it. Here is the email>>>(mailto:[email protected]) and here is the home page>>>
    https://www.whatsapp.com/

They might complain that FreedomPop uses a VOIP number. Just make sure to explain how FreedomPop partnered with them to use the Basic plan. Sometimes they can be a pain to deal with, but they will white-list the number. I have seen other member do this and get their app working with the FreedomPop Number. It also depends on who you talk to down there. Sometimes you get a New Rep, that just won’t whitelist the app and sometimes, you get one that does it quickly. I kept trying till I got a friendly rep. It is 100% up to the company to whitelist the number so you can use the app. But I have seen them do it. Especially since FreedomPop partnered with them on the app and the GSM Global Sim.

some of the members over on the Forum have mentioned that it was faster to chat with them using Twitter or Facebook.

Hope this helps,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• bhbillhbhbillh Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    My response from WhatsApp support: "i,

Sorry for the delay! We have received many emails recently, and we do our best to answer them all. Thank you for your patience.

It appears that you are using a non-valid phone number, which is not supported on WhatsApp.

Non-valid phone numbers do not have a physical SIM card, such as VoIP, landlines, toll-free, and paid premium numbers.
    These numbers are not supported for use with WhatsApp. Please use a valid number that has an active cellular service and is tied to an active SIM card.

Please note that we do not provide support for unofficial clients or for jailbroken/rooted (including emulators), and unsupported devices.

If you believe your number is a valid number, we will need you to provide any proof of documentation with the date of your recent purchase and/or a copy of your phone bill/contract or picture of your SIM card cartridge by replying to this email.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Dewayne
    WhatsApp Support Team" So I repsonded it is a Sim and they should help and support me, I will follow up
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would make sure to let them know, you are also using the WhatsApp basic, being offered by FreedomPop, and the sim or phone you got from their partnered company.

Hope they get you going, this is a new response. Normally they try saying the phone number is a landline.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• rst303rst303 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem, where you able to figure solve this ?