**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How long does it take

Colleen ElliottColleen Elliott FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
It almost been 24 hours

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Colleen Elliott,
    Here is some info I like to pass along with the instruction I offer when other user port(what to expect part of the post)-

Note: Once your port to FreedomPop is completed, the Carrier the number came from will close the account. If you wanted to keep that account open, please contact that carrier to make other arrangement prior to porting.

This page is just an application that FreedomPop uses to request the number you want to port. After it is filled out, it sent to your old provider. Once FreedomPop gets the release, then add the number to your account. It’s a Failsafe to make sure there is a number on the account at all time, just encase there are issues porting

It can take 24-48 hours for the Port to go through and 5-7 days for land lines or VOIP numbers. If FreedomPop has any issue with the number it can take upwards of a week. If the port is unsuccessful, your CC/Debit will be reimbursed the 9.99$ charge. FreedomPop will send you an email confirmation once you port the new number and an email confirmation once the port is successful. If for some reason, the port does not go through, please contact your old carrier. They are responsible for the releasing the number for porting. Make sure that you have a number on the FreedomPop account before you port (we called this your temporary number or the old number used before the port, but you do need one or it won’t accept). Also some carriers require you to have an account with them for so long before they’ll release the number for a port. Make sure you keep that phone activated till the port is 100% successful. Keep that other carrier phone active, ensures you don't lose the number, if the port is unsuccessful. After the port goes through, please update the profile and PRL. Most Androids you find this in Settings>Update System/Update Phone. IPhones please do a Service update- Open the native dialer and on the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the Call icon.

Here is a Video by FreedomPop. The video is a little dated, but it still shows what to do. See Link>>>>

Here is some info Customer Support pass along to the Experts to use when helping other members Port>>

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2055

Here is some porting facts Customer Support pass along to the Experts to use when helping>>

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2126

Hope this helps,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Lisa ChuaLisa Chua FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    NJ,
    Would you please help me with porting out my phone number from Freedompop to my new carrier T-mobile? I submitted ticket about porting out issue but have not received any response. My phone # is 425 922 4730.

I did all the research on Freedompop site to find out about porting out number. I followed all the instructions but no luck. Invalid PIN. Your kind assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lisa Chua
    Got your message, Glad we was able to get you set up with a Pin! :) Have a Great Rest of your week!
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

This discussion has been closed.