**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Unable to make calls using the FreedomPop network

derekgderekg Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I have 1.2 GB available on my FreedomPop account. Also I checked the n/w coverage in my area, and it shows green for both 4G and 3G networks. However, I am unable to make/receive any calls using the FreedomPop n/w (using the FreedomPop app to make/receive calls).
Note: I am able to make/receive calls, while connected to a wifi n/w.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards
Derek

Answers

• Mary BelileMary Belile Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I cannot make or receive calls. I checked the coverage in my area and shows green. I cannot make or receive calls over WiFi or network.
    Please help,
    Thank you,
    Mary
  • trackballtrackball Posts: 1,585FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    This worked for my unlocked GSM iPhone with a FP sim.
    Check your phone setting for your phone number. If your phone number is listed as 'unknown' that could be the problem.
    Find your phone setting and manually enter your sim card phone number and it should get registered and work on the cell system.
    If you have a FP iPhone or a Android os phone, I do not know if this will help. Also your phone has to be ios 7.0 or os 4.0 or higher.
  • Peng WangPeng Wang Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I'd assume you are talking about GSM SIM card on an unlocked Android phone.

Please confirm the APN setting is correct first. If you have 3G/4G network connection, but not able to make any phone calls, then you probably need to clear "cached data" at some level. One way to verify this is to put your phone into safe mode, and then you can start making phone calls.

I did not try to find out the minimal steps but directly reboot my phone to the factory default instead. After that I'm able to make phone calls but with a poor voice quality still (at 3G network).