**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop launches $20 LTE plan! Adds Samsung LTE phones to lineup!

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 191 admin
edited October 2014 in News and Updates #1
It's official FreedomPop has now added more phones to the LTE lineup; the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, and Galaxy Victory!
Also announced today is FreedomPop's $20 no-contract "Unlimited Everything" plan which offers unlimited voice, texting and data.

Check out more HERE
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Thanh LuuThanh Luu Posts: 80FreedomPop Newbie
    Is the S4 available for BYOD? I'm having trouble checking.
    I'm using it on wifi. It works great with text and voice. I think it works better than the iPhone version of the app since it doesn't need to run in the background.
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I think the new app is for those who want to keep there data plan with another carrier on a different phone but use freedompop to cancel voice and text plan (target audience: verizon, att, etc)
  • qdog449qdog449 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    wait does this include byod iphone 5 for unlimited everything ?!
    I'm not sure the new app is for the new line of LTE phones. I tried to use it on the S4 and there is a conflict error that pops up and tells me to download the old messaging app instead.
  • guntersieguntersie Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I just got my samsung 2 aweek ago,maybe they let me trade up
  • Amy PrattAmy Pratt Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie

@Taylor‌ can you clear or clarify the use of this new app for us? Is it only on the new line of LTE phones announced that it works or can it be used by our other phones? Evos, Samsungs you know previously open phones?

It can be used by other phones. All it does is act like Google Voice though. If that phone doesn't have a data plan from some provider, it'll only work on wifi.

It DOES add a sort of roaming, kind of. If the area you're in has no sprint towers (meaning freedompop phones won't work at all), you could buy a burner that runs android (and has a data plan), put this app on it and receive calls/texts meant for your freedompop phone (assuming you use that number for this app and not a new one).
  • seanrseanr Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    These plan also coming to iPhone 4s & 5 ?
  • AceOfThumbsAceOfThumbs Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    the new app keeps telling me my login is wrong, but I know it is correct. Does it work on tablets?
  • Wobbs91Wobbs91 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Nice! Does that mean these devices are also on the BYOD list?
  • David J TanDavid J Tan Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Can someone please confirm if the voice/ text are through native Sprint voice/ text network or are they still being routed through data as VOIP traffic/ Freedompop app?

The latter was the case for the old BYOD plans but there aren't any disclosures for this new BYOD plan.

Cheers

• JEFFREY KuochanJEFFREY Kuochan Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Please let me activate nexus 5. I'm ready to give you money!!
    Pretty please?
  • Marcus GreeseMarcus Greese Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

Can someone please confirm if the voice/ text are through native Sprint voice/ text network or are they still being routed through data as VOIP traffic/ Freedompop app?

The latter was the case for the old BYOD plans but there aren't any disclosures for this new BYOD plan.

Cheers

David I believe all the Freedompop plans are through Data. I don't think they have any agreement with Sprint to ever use their voice and text services. I'm sure someone will post if that is not the case!
  • David J TanDavid J Tan Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie

Cheers

David I believe all the Freedompop plans are through Data. I don't think they have any agreement with Sprint to ever use their voice and text services. I'm sure someone will post if that is not the case!
    If that is the case isn't $20 a little expensive for just 1GB of 4G data?

T-mobile has a $30 plan for 5GB of 4G data. Plus you get 100 mins and unlimited text. Then throw on the Freedompop app on it and you can get another 500 additional VOIP mins free on top of the 100 native T-mobile minutes.

Or even better, just use the Google hangouts app which replaced Talkatone for unlimited free VOIP calling in the US and Canada.
  • buzz86usbuzz86us Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there an option to upgrade my EVO to this plan? I would like to have this plan but I don't have the money to upgrade to a Galaxy Victory at this time.