problem with app

hoenigmanhoenigman Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Both of my phones do not work after I recently upgraded the app. After I start the FreedomPop Messaging App it stops at "FreedomPop Setup -- Registering For Push Notifications" and all I get is a rotating circle. Both of my phones worked great until I upgrade the app. I even uninstall the app, then I reinstalled the app, same problem. I also cleared the app caches, same problem.

Answers

• trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem, phone told me about a new FP update, so I installed it and tried to open it, but it still told me I needed the update.
    Check your email and password in your phone , if you have a sim card phone, check your cellular setting.
    I ignored the update and opened the app and did get a push and register but it was only on wi-fi.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016 #3
    hoenigman said:

Both of my phones do not work after I recently upgraded the app. After I start the FreedomPop Messaging App it stops at "FreedomPop Setup -- Registering For Push Notifications" and all I get is a rotating circle. Both of my phones worked great until I upgrade the app. I even uninstall the app, then I reinstalled the app, same problem. I also cleared the app caches, same problem.

I just added some tips in my App Identification post that may help-

Basic FreedomPop Messaging Tips and Tricks:

FreedomPop Messaging Tips:

• Update the Messaging App: Make sure you have The FreedomPop Messaging app update to most recent. Please open up the Play Store and in the Search Bar, enter FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING. Open up the page and download or update the app.

Note: Make sure to restart the phone after you update the app.
    • Sync Account Data: Open the app and find the 3 horizontal Bars, top left side of the app and Tap. A pop out from the left side of the screen will show, with all account info. Make sure everything is correct. Next, Scroll down to “Sync account Data” and Tap. You will see the app syncing. It will sync in the notification area saying, "locating User for Device", till you see your phone number “FreedomPop Setup Complete". The screen might even turn blue for an instant with a FreedomPop Logo. This is normal. It is just the app initializing. After you initialize, and the phone syncs, you can use the phone's native dialer for Phone calls. To make a text or receive text, you will use the FreedomPop Messaging app. The app will ask you if you want to make FreedomPop the default. Make sure to press yes.
    • Force Stop and a Clear Cache: Will give any FreedomPop app a Fresh Start. Open up settings on your phone and scroll down. Find Apps and open. Look for the FreedomPop Messaging app (white and blue icon that says Messaging) and open. Click Force Stop and then Clear Cache. (Not Clear Data). Once you click Force Stop, you will get a pop up (if you force stop in may misbehave). Just click OK.

Note: Make sure not to click, Clear Data that will erase all your text messages.

Note: On Samsung Phones after you click Settings, Find the “More or 4th tab over”, top right corner and than Scroll down to find “Application/Application Management” .
    • Profile and PRL Update: On your phone open up "Setting", Scroll down till you see "System Update". Open and click "Update Profile". Wait for the phone to update. The phone might restart. Go back to "Settings" and scroll down to "System Update" and open. Find "Update PRL". Wait for the phone to update. The phone might restart. This is a must when you have any type of connection issues.

Note: Make sure you are connected to WiFi and you have a Good Sprint Signal to. I like to do mine outdoors or near a window with no obstructions.

Note: On Samsung Phones after you click Settings, Find the “More or 4th tab over”, top right corner and than Scroll down to find “Application/Application Management” .

Note: Some Androids, you will find System Update in ("About Setting").

Note: Users with a GSM Phone or Sim, UK/ES/US/MX, will not find the Update Profile and PRL Settings. It is recommended to make sure the phone is Updated Only in System Updates.
    Hope this helps,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop