Mobile data works, but can't place calls.

Zachary KurmasZachary Kurmas Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
I can't place calls with my LG Volt. When I try to place a call:
(1) The "calling" box spins for a long time
(2) Often the "Weak signal, do you want to try Premium Voice?" message appears. This happens regardless of the network. This happens with 4+ bars of mobile data strength, and on strong WiFi networks (60MB+ of bandwidth)
(3) At this point one of two things happens: (a) the call fails silently, it goes back to the call screen with no error message, or (b) I hear a ring or two, then I get a message that the app can't connect to the server (which seems odd. Why would I hear a ring before the app could even connect to the server?)

For what it's worth, on rare occasions (about 1 out of 5), the call will go through.

* All my FreedomPop apps are up-to-date
* I've done PRL and Profile updates (repeatedly).
* I've checked coverage maps. Both mobile data and WiFi signals are strong.
* I can send and receive texts (but they tend to be delayed).

Any ideas what to do next?

Comments

• AngiePAngieP Posts: 518FreedomPop Newbie admin
    edited November 2016 #2

I can't place calls with my LG Volt. When I try to place a call:
    (1) The "calling" box spins for a long time
    (2) Often the "Weak signal, do you want to try Premium Voice?" message appears. This happens regardless of the network. This happens with 4+ bars of mobile data strength, and on strong WiFi networks (60MB+ of bandwidth)
    (3) At this point one of two things happens: (a) the call fails silently, it goes back to the call screen with no error message, or (b) I hear a ring or two, then I get a message that the app can't connect to the server (which seems odd. Why would I hear a ring before the app could even connect to the server?)

For what it's worth, on rare occasions (about 1 out of 5), the call will go through.

* All my FreedomPop apps are up-to-date
    * I've done PRL and Profile updates (repeatedly).
    * I've checked coverage maps. Both mobile data and WiFi signals are strong.
    * I can send and receive texts (but they tend to be delayed).

Any ideas what to do next?

Hello!

In order to further assist, please send us a private message with the email address associated with your LG Volt.