**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Cannot install Freedom Pop Messaging app (Error code: -505)

Jon9999Jon9999 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I just received my Freedom Pop SIM card on the free global plan. My phone was able to connect on data once I set the APN to freedompop.foggmobile.com (although it seemed to think it was in the U.K., even though I'm in the U.S.), but it would not make phone calls or send texts. I read that I have to install the Freedom Pop Messaging app from the Google Store. When I download the app, it tries to install and then gives this error message:

Can't install app

"FreedomPop Messaging Phone/
SIM" can't be installed. Try again,
and if the problem continues, get
help troubleshooting
. (Error code:
-505)

I've tried several times. I've rebooted the phone. I've followed the troubleshooting steps that Google gives with the error message (force stopping Play Store, clearing the Play Store cache, etc.) but nothing works.

My phone is an unlocked GSM phone running Android Marshmallow.

Help?

Comments

• paintenzeropaintenzero Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I had the same issue with my unlocked Xiaomi Redmi 3S. The problem was that I had "FreedomPop OTT Call and Text" installed. Once I removed it the problem was gone and FP Messaging installed just fine.
  • Jon9999Jon9999 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie

I had the same issue with my unlocked Xiaomi Redmi 3S. The problem was that I had "FreedomPop OTT Call and Text" installed. Once I removed it the problem was gone and FP Messaging installed just fine.

I do not have FreedomPop OTT Call and Text installed.
  • scdscd Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    A new patch is available for Android 6, make sure you have a wifi connection and go to settings, about phone, wireless update.

Another possibility could be if you have Adobe AIR installed, try removing it,
    If you need to have it download the newest version.
  • Vincent  ThangVincent Thang Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Did you ever get this issue resolved? I ran into the same problem today with my Samsung Note 4 running Android 6
  • quatoquato Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Have the same problem, Asus Zenfone Go (ZC500TG) running Android 5.1

no Freedompop app was installed in the past
  • SueSue Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I just singed up today. When I try to install the app, I run into the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 5.01. I don't have any freedompop app installed.
  • SueSue Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 , Android 5.0.1. I do not have any Freedompop app installed. Please help.