**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

6-month release policy

cparkecparke FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 28
I have an old FreedomPop phone that I bought in July 2015 and had FreedomPop deactivate/release it from the Sprint network in Dec 2015. It still has its FreedomPop phone number and I can still make and receive calls and texts through the FreedomPop even though it is off-network, over Wi-Fi connection instead of course.

I am pondering having FreedomPop reactivate the device and put it back on-network. If I do that, will it be subject to a new 6-month waiting period if I change my mind later and want it released again? Also, is it possible to transfer the device and phone number to a different Email address login/account when reactivating, and if I do it that way, will it impact the answer to my first question about the waiting period until FreedomPop would release it again?

Best Answer

Answers

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cparke You are able to go ahead and activate your phone over at http://www.freedompop.com/activate. Be advised, that if your number currently works, you may get an error during activation.

If you would like to release the phone back, you will be able to without the waiting period, being that you purchased your device more than 6 months ago.
  • cparkecparke FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 28
    The phone is on the secondary/sub-account, I don't think any automated process will reactivate it correctly. You also did not address about moving it to a new account (so it will be primary and I won't have troubles with it being secondary again!)
  • cparkecparke FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 28
    While my device may be released from the network, it is still assigned to the old account. When I click on 'My Devices', its MEID is listed even though it's off the cellular network. Activate doesn't work because of this. Can FreedomPop remove the device from the account, save the phone number, and transfer it to a new account? And I'd still be able to request that it be released again from the network and not lose access to my number through the FreedomPop app?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cparke said:

I have an old FreedomPop phone that I bought in July 2015 and had FreedomPop deactivate/release it from the Sprint network in Dec 2015. It still has its FreedomPop phone number and I can still make and receive calls and texts through the FreedomPop even though it is off-network, over Wi-Fi connection instead of course.

I am pondering having FreedomPop reactivate the device and put it back on-network. If I do that, will it be subject to a new 6-month waiting period if I change my mind later and want it released again? Also, is it possible to transfer the device and phone number to a different Email address login/account when reactivating, and if I do it that way, will it impact the answer to my first question about the waiting period until FreedomPop would release it again?

Ali said:

@cparke You are able to go ahead and activate your phone over at http://www.freedompop.com/activate. Be advised, that if your number currently works, you may get an error during activation.

If you would like to release the phone back, you will be able to without the waiting period, being that you purchased your device more than 6 months ago.

cparke said:

The phone is on the secondary/sub-account, I don't think any automated process will reactivate it correctly. You also did not address about moving it to a new account (so it will be primary and I won't have troubles with it being secondary again!)

cparke said:

While my device may be released from the network, it is still assigned to the old account. When I click on 'My Devices', its MEID is listed even though it's off the cellular network. Activate doesn't work because of this. Can FreedomPop remove the device from the account, save the phone number, and transfer it to a new account? And I'd still be able to request that it be released again from the network and not lose access to my number through the FreedomPop app?

@cparke
    Hope all is well :) , I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop