Just activated a SIM, but cannot get any connections (voice or data)?

ohayaohaya Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

I just was on the phone with activations and they helped get a SIM activated with an unlocked phone that I have, a RAMOS MOS1 Max. I guess that I should've gotten them to stay on until I knew that the phone was working for sure, but I didn't.

Anyway, after I got off the phone, I put the SIM in the phone and added the APN for FreedomPop. However after rebooting, and with WIFI off, I had no connectivity, either for voice or data. Also, looking at the phone Setup it looks like the phone doesn't even have a phone # at this point.

What step am I missing? I'd really like to get this working!

Thanks,
Jim

Comments

• ohayaohaya Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

I have some good news, and some bad news...

The good news is that I was able to get the phone (voice and data) to work, by going to a really high area above our house. Once I did that I was able to access the internet without WIFI and also make a call using the FP messaging app.

The bad news is that either the phone or signal must be really borderline in my area, because if I walked down the hill just a bit, data would stop working and calls no longer worked.

I'd like to try to do a PRL update, to see if that helps, but on the RAMOS, there is no system update or PRL update under Settings.

I tried the ##77286# but it just rang and rang and never did anything. Does anyone know if there is a newer working number for that now?

Thanks,
    Jim
  • ohayaohaya Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    For the record, I spoke with Freedompop support today and they said that there is no PRL downloads and no carrier reset for the SIM cards... just for phones.

They had me do an account resynch in the Messaging app but I'm not sure if that helped or not.

• scdscd Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    I've found the app "Network Cell Info Lite" available on Google Play helpful in verifying signal quality.
  • katzoffkatzoff Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Re; 9294198484
    just activated today sim card using AT&T unlocked phone getting error message:

"the call you are attempting to make is not allowed please call 800 331 0500 AT&t customer service

PLEASE HELP
    718 288 8100.
  • katzoff said:

Re; 9294198484
    just activated today sim card using AT&T unlocked phone getting error message:

"the call you are attempting to make is not allowed please call 800 331 0500 AT&t customer service

PLEASE HELP
    718 288 8100.

Hi!

Our team is glad to assist you.

We are sorry to know you are experiencing issues with the Freedom pop activation.

Please confirm if you are able to send and receive text messages so we can further assist you.