**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Wrong phone number in FP iphone app

canarychildcanarychild Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I have two SIM cards under one account and two unlocked phones. One phone is an android, and the other is an iPhone 4S. The "main" SIM phone number ends with 6226, and the secondary SIM card on the same account has a phone number ending in 5553. The 6226 SIM card works well in either device. However, there is a problem when I have the "secondary" 5553 SIM installed in the iPhone. Icannot receive phone calls at phone number 5553 and the caller ID for outgoing calls is 6226, but should be 5553. Likewise, my phone will ring for incoming calls being called to 6226, but should not ring at all.

Here is how the problem happens: On the iPhone app, you need to log in using your email and password, rather than having the phone detecting the account directly from the SIM card like the android app does. As a result, the iPhone app associates itself with the "main" phone number of the account, but I want it to associate with the secondary phone number to match the installed SIM card.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the FP app, tried rebooting the phone with the app uninstalled, rebooting with the app installed, and every combination of these events that I can think of. How can I make the iPhone app associate itself with the secondary SIM card on my account? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two SIM cards under one account and two unlocked phones. One phone is an android, and the other is an iPhone 4S. The "main" SIM phone number ends with 6226, and the secondary SIM card on the same account has a phone number ending in 5553. The 6226 SIM card works well in either device. However, there is a problem when I have the "secondary" 5553 SIM installed in the iPhone. Icannot receive phone calls at phone number 5553 and the caller ID for outgoing calls is 6226, but should be 5553. Likewise, my phone will ring for incoming calls being called to 6226, but should not ring at all.

Here is how the problem happens: On the iPhone app, you need to log in using your email and password, rather than having the phone detecting the account directly from the SIM card like the android app does. As a result, the iPhone app associates itself with the "main" phone number of the account, but I want it to associate with the secondary phone number to match the installed SIM card.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the FP app, tried rebooting the phone with the app uninstalled, rebooting with the app installed, and every combination of these events that I can think of. How can I make the iPhone app associate itself with the secondary SIM card on my account? Thanks for your help!

@canarychild
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• elbebuddyelbebuddy Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

elbebuddy said:

I have the same problem

@elbebuddy
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

This discussion has been closed.