Mobile Data being used for phone calls/texts --- and International question

ArielJArielJ Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I am new to Freedompop, and was unaware they use data to run their phone service, but now I know. So is there anyone currently on the 500mb, 200min, 500 txt plan that can tell me whether or not having data on to receive/make calls uses up the 500mb allotment of data? I'm concerned that this may not be enough mb for a month if I have to keep data on at all times.

Also, I know the Global SIM says it works in multiple different countries, yet on my account there are the options for international plans. When I go to Europe next year, can't I just use my regular phone with FreedomPop's Global SIM? Are these "Global Plus" plans for calling international from the US? If I just want to make calls within European countries, would I need to sign up for one of these plans?

Thanks!!

Comments

• djphilosophydjphilosophy Posts: 31FreedomPop Newbie
    FP reimburses you the data used for making calls with it's app. Obviously when you're at home or places with Wi-Fi, you can get on that, which will also give you a more stable connection.

The international plans are for calling TO those countries, whether now (when you're in the US) or abroad, including in a country that is not a FreedomPop country, but on Wi-Fi. So yes, sign up for the free international plan. Note that the free calls in some countries are to landlines only. Make a screen-grab of the list so you have it later, as one you're signed up it's impossible to find. Europeans tend to keep calls short because the rates are higher (and the caller pays), and use WhatsApp or Viber for longer calls on Wi-Fi.

Note that the SIM has not been working in Hungary and Denmark for months, despite those countries being listed as supported.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArielJ said:

I am new to Freedompop, and was unaware they use data to run their phone service, but now I know. So is there anyone currently on the 500mb, 200min, 500 txt plan that can tell me whether or not having data on to receive/make calls uses up the 500mb allotment of data? I'm concerned that this may not be enough mb for a month if I have to keep data on at all times.

Also, I know the Global SIM says it works in multiple different countries, yet on my account there are the options for international plans. When I go to Europe next year, can't I just use my regular phone with FreedomPop's Global SIM? Are these "Global Plus" plans for calling international from the US? If I just want to make calls within European countries, would I need to sign up for one of these plans?

Thanks!!

Sent you a reply to your PM :)

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• ArielJArielJ Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

Note that the free calls in some countries are to landlines only. Make a screen-grab of the list so you have it later, as one you're signed up it's impossible to find.

Thanks Djphilosphy! So when I view the list (on the International plans page) it lists the three main countries we'll be in (Germany, France and Italy) as "Landline and Mobiles".... then it also lists them under the "Landlines Only" section?? Is this just a mistake?

Also, I notice the Global plans come with a certain amount of minutes but no text or data... Does this mean no text or data comes with these plans?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    When looking at the plans, some will be only Landline, it depends on the plan.

No Texting, and Data would be the data you already have on the phone you use. The international plans are just an adder to the plans you already have.

Happy Holidays!
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop