How to uninstall the Freedompop dialer on released phone

Victoria PlessVictoria Pless Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
I have a phone I purchased through Freedompop. It has been released and I want to go to Ringplus. It has been activated through Ringplus but I cannot make calls as it keeps saying I have to activate the phone to Freedompop. I have been told it is because the Freedompop dialer is trying to dial when I try to make a call. Please help me disable this dialer.
Thanks

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a phone I purchased through Freedompop. It has been released and I want to go to Ringplus. It has been activated through Ringplus but I cannot make calls as it keeps saying I have to activate the phone to Freedompop. I have been told it is because the Freedompop dialer is trying to dial when I try to make a call. Please help me disable this dialer.
    Thanks

@Victoria Pless

Depending on the phone, you might find that it has a scheduled OTA update to a higher Android Version. This will allot of the times, get rid of the FreedomPop messaging app, if you can't uninstall the app and or update the Android version in the Process. Find Settings, and than Find "About Phone->System Updates", or "System Updates". should find the area to update there.

If there is just no way to uninstall or Update. Find the App in Apps Management, or Apps in Settings. Locate the Messaging app and open. Scroll down to the middle of the screen and you should find something that mentions the default settings.

Happy Holidays,
    njfulwider5

PS- If you have issues locating, let us know the phone name, and I can provide more details in locating the settings. Each phone is basically the same as above, but some phone take a little more to get to the settings.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop