Coverage vs. Sprint

Wobbs91Wobbs91 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
How does the coverage of FreedomPop compare to Sprint? Is it the same? The reason I ask is because when I look at coverage maps, my address is supported but when I go to sign up, I am told that my address will not be supported. Any help would be awesome!

Comments

• hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    I believe it is the same. It is way better than Virgin Mobile BTW (as in faster). They all use the same network. Sprint may be slightly better since their devices will obviously get priority on the network. Freedompop's coverage maps and especially the signup thing is very inaccurate. It still seems to check for wimax coverage. If you only have 3g coverage it will for sure tell you there is no coverage.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    There a better map to use and why they are the best.

sensorly.com/about-us

sing data collected anonymously and shared by the Sensorly mobile app users, this service benefits from the contributions of thousands of people worldwide who want to share information on their real experience as carrier customers.

We have at heart to provide each and every user with relevant data on the quality of service one might experience while using a wireless network. And since our data is 100% user-generated, the more people who join the Sensorly Crowd and use the app, the more precise it gets!

Sensorly is a French startup created in 2010 and relying on more than 500 000 app downloads across 50 countries to map the performance of more than 300 wireless networks worldwide.

The map link; http://www.sensorly.com/map#|coverage
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Wobbs91Wobbs91 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

There a better map to use and why they are the best.

sensorly.com/about-us

sing data collected anonymously and shared by the Sensorly mobile app users, this service benefits from the contributions of thousands of people worldwide who want to share information on their real experience as carrier customers.

We have at heart to provide each and every user with relevant data on the quality of service one might experience while using a wireless network. And since our data is 100% user-generated, the more people who join the Sensorly Crowd and use the app, the more precise it gets!

Sensorly is a French startup created in 2010 and relying on more than 500 000 app downloads across 50 countries to map the performance of more than 300 wireless networks worldwide.

The map link; http://www.sensorly.com/map#|coverage

Thanks! Big help
  • garin shawgarin shaw Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    There is the possibility of phone compatability with the service... IE if you have a HTC EVO 4g that uses wimax but your area is LTE... the system may tell you there isn't service...(though you can bypass it and just use 3g)