**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Does Free Plan include taxes & surcharges

sebseb Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Is it really 100% free? I know there is no charge by Freedompop, but if there are also no taxes, I'm curious how these Freedompop can avoid these extras.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    seb said:

Is it really 100% free? I know there is no charge by Freedompop, but if there are also no taxes, I'm curious how these Freedompop can avoid these extras.

When it comes to the plans, the price you see if the price you pay. All Taxes are included in the cost. When it comes to the Free Plan, the Free Plan is Free for the life of the device. Here are all the Free plans-

Basic Free Plans when you downgrade to Free-Both "CDMA" Sprint/FreedomPop & "GSM" UK/FreedomPop Partners

FreedomPop Branded phones, and BYOD (LTE/CDMA Data)-The Free Plan is 500 text, 200 voice and 500 mbs Data.

FreedomPop Branded Hotspots, and BYOD (LTE/CDMA Data) - The Free Plan is 500 mbs of 4G LTE, No 3G access.

FreedomPop Global GSM (Data Only) Sim or the MiFi 2(HSPA+ Data) - The Free Plan is 200 mbs Data.

FreedomPop Global GSM Phone Sim (HSPA+ Data)-The Free Plan is 500 Text, 200 Voice and 200 mbs Data.

FreedomPop added the option on the FreedomPop Global GSM Phone Sim to Add "WhatsApp Basic". That comes with 100 talk and Text and 200 mbs HSPA+ Data (Unlimited WhatsApp Roaming in 30 Countries). (To Add WhatsApp Basic, click HERE)

WARNING: There are No Confirmations after clicking the link above, it will switch you to the plan automatically. to read more about the WhatsApp plan, click HERE.

Note: CDMA plans and GSM plans are not compatible with each other. GSM Data is a little more pricey.

info pulled from this post-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/17436/step-by-step-instructions-on-downgrading-your-freedompop-account-to-100-free#latest

here is one on Plans-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/16059/freedompops-plans-and-value-added-services-updated-8-28-2016#latest

Hope all is well,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• kocat177kocat177 Posts: 30FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi there
    I'm just wondering if you know this ? Does Las Vegas charge a service taxes even on the basic 200 free plan. My dad lives in San Francisco and on the basic 200 free plan but still get charged $3.39 every month as service taxes. I just wonder when does it hit Las Vegas, NV ? I maybe moving there soon so I like to know if you have any idea? Thank you!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.