S5 Stuck in "Hands Free Activation" loop.

PaleSketcherPaleSketcher Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I tried to post this last night, but I don't think it went through.

My phone was having issues making calls this week, so it suggested I do a carrier reset by dialing ##72786#, which I did.

After doing this, my phone rebooted and then kept trying to activate through Hands Free Activation for some reason. Hands Free Activation, however, is unable to start or finish, and just keeps trying. After 5 attempts, it asks me to call Sprint for help. Sprint can't help though, since I have Freedompop service.

I am currently able to use WiFi only, and I am able to make calls and text on the Freedompop messaging app by using Wifi.
Data, however, does not work. Before the carrier reset and the Hands Free Activation situation, I had 4G LTE with no issues.

So I essentially have a phone that has no data, and keeps trying to activate through Hands Free Activation and failing.

I have seen other people with this issue, and often it's because their phone isn't synced to their account properly, or the MEID is mismatched to the account. Could somebody please look into this on my account? Thank you.

I have also seen solutions where people cancel their current account, make a new account and then reactivate the phone on the new account.

If somebody in tech support or the development team could take a look at my phone and my account, I would be very grateful.

Thank you for all your help.

Comments

• PaleSketcherPaleSketcher Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Could somebody please help me with this?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I tried to post this last night, but I don't think it went through.

My phone was having issues making calls this week, so it suggested I do a carrier reset by dialing ##72786#, which I did.

After doing this, my phone rebooted and then kept trying to activate through Hands Free Activation for some reason. Hands Free Activation, however, is unable to start or finish, and just keeps trying. After 5 attempts, it asks me to call Sprint for help. Sprint can't help though, since I have Freedompop service.

I am currently able to use WiFi only, and I am able to make calls and text on the Freedompop messaging app by using Wifi.
    Data, however, does not work. Before the carrier reset and the Hands Free Activation situation, I had 4G LTE with no issues.

So I essentially have a phone that has no data, and keeps trying to activate through Hands Free Activation and failing.

I have seen other people with this issue, and often it's because their phone isn't synced to their account properly, or the MEID is mismatched to the account. Could somebody please look into this on my account? Thank you.

I have also seen solutions where people cancel their current account, make a new account and then reactivate the phone on the new account.

If somebody in tech support or the development team could take a look at my phone and my account, I would be very grateful.

Thank you for all your help.

Could somebody please help me with this?

@PaleSketcher
    I just purchased 3 of these for the teens this past week. When doing the Carrier/Network reset, I personally like to do mine on my front porch. Doing this on my front porch, ensures I am still connected to my home wifi network and I have great line of sight connection to a local Sprint tower.(You can't really see the tower, but I get a better signal on the porch). Than I do the update. You can also do this from a Window with no Obstructions.

We can also check the account, just to be safe. I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• JemJem Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a same issue now. I activated my phone on 12/29. It only works on WiFi and tries Hands Free activations through Spring every time when I turn on my phone. Did anyone get this resolved?? Can you please let us know if you did?? I did ##72786# thing 3 times already.
  • mio310mio310 Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
    Jem said:

I have a same issue now. I activated my phone on 12/29. It only works on WiFi and tries Hands Free activations through Spring every time when I turn on my phone. Did anyone get this resolved?? Can you please let us know if you did?? I did ##72786# thing 3 times already.

Any luck? I have the same issue. Did you fix it?
  • Chad_LeeChad_Lee Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    MY LG F3 was doing this and they told me that my phone was bad and so had to buy a new one. I got an S5 so that's how I got here, reading up on the S5. A year later..