Move sim card from FreedomPop IPhone 6 to same model of new IPhone 6

LaurieWLaurieW Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
My refurbished FreedomPop IPhone 6 stopped working. I traded it in at Apple for same model, new IPhone 6. I want to link the sim card from old phone on existing account to new phone. When I try to activate my new phone, it asks me for carrier number and pin. It lists Sprint carrier, but not FreedomPop.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaurieW said:

My refurbished FreedomPop IPhone 6 stopped working. I traded it in at Apple for same model, new IPhone 6. I want to link the sim card from old phone on existing account to new phone. When I try to activate my new phone, it asks me for carrier number and pin. It lists Sprint carrier, but not FreedomPop.

We see this allot when a user takes the phone to apple to get repaired or fixed. What the user doesn't realize- with a Apple Iphone from Apple, they always give an unlocked phone and it is no longer activated on FreedomPop, because it is a completely new phone, no longer FreedomPop Branded. With Sprint devices, the activation is not in the sim. The sim is basically used to get 4g LTE access on the phone.

Because the phone is Basically a New phone. Your going to have to activate the phone on FreedomPop's BYOD portal using a new email address, so FreedomPop can swap. Activate the phone here-

https://www.freedompop.com/byod

Make sure to place the sim from the old phone, in this phone because you will need it when they system asked for the ICCID#. You might run into a problem activating. Phones coming from Apple are normally unlocked. Unlocked Phones will not work with FreedomPop. They have to be locked to sprint or a Sprint MNVO prior to activation on CDMA/BYOD. If we run into this issue, I have a trick that may help. Only problem, is it only works 50% of the time. We have to get the phone placed on Sprint so they system allows the BYOD activation. We can work on that a little later if you have issue activating.

Once we get the phone activated on a New Email account. We can go in and swap the 2 FreedomPop accounts, you will keep your phone number and account details. Than they will deactivate temp account and refund the activation fee per your instructions.

I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop