Need Assist with Account after receiving rooted FP phone

GSM3 FreedomGSM3 Freedom Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
Is there an admin that can help me?
@Karina @Jorge M @FreedomPop @Jonathan J.

Kind of a long story, but bottom line I need help getting my account straightened out after receiving a phone from FP that was already rooted. I have a replacement but still waiting for acct to be reset. All week Support keeps saying "our team is working on it". Really.... how long does it take for them to just re-instate the Premium Pkg and reset the date for the 100 Global Minutes (or just add some to tide me over)?

The full story:
I received a Moto E from FP. It arrived already rooted. I found out when WhatsApp refused to install because it was rooted. As you probably know, a rooted phone can cause a variety of problems. I called tech. support and was lucky enough to get a Supervisor that understood and ordered a replacement for me. During the phone call he mistakenly shut down my acct, but then immediately reset it. This caused my phone number to change, and I lost all the freebies that were supposed to be available during the first 30 days, i.e. the Premium Package. Although it was rooted I was able to make & receive calls, but WhatsApp refused to install to a rooted phone. This is important, I need it to stay in touch with family overseas. I also use the 100 Global Free Minutes.

When the replacement phone was finally ready to ship, my rooted-but-functioning phone was shut down totally. I was left with nothing. It took over a week to receive the replacement. In all, I lost 16 days of service, had no phone at all for over a week, and the time period for100 Global Minutes got pushed out for another half month (meaning I have to wait an extra 16 days to get the next allotment of minutes.) I'm also left without the Premium Package including Premium Voice which I think I really need in my area but can't tell for sure without trying it.

And here I thought getting my FP cell number white-listed for WhatsApp was going to be my only hurdle. Still working on that, too.

I would be so grateful to have this straightened out. I'd love to call my daughter overseas for Christmas!

Thank You!

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there an admin that can help me?
    @Karina @Jorge M @FreedomPop @Jonathan J.

Kind of a long story, but bottom line I need help getting my account straightened out after receiving a phone from FP that was already rooted. I have a replacement but still waiting for acct to be reset. All week Support keeps saying "our team is working on it". Really.... how long does it take for them to just re-instate the Premium Pkg and reset the date for the 100 Global Minutes (or just add some to tide me over)?

The full story:
    I received a Moto E from FP. It arrived already rooted. I found out when WhatsApp refused to install because it was rooted. As you probably know, a rooted phone can cause a variety of problems. I called tech. support and was lucky enough to get a Supervisor that understood and ordered a replacement for me. During the phone call he mistakenly shut down my acct, but then immediately reset it. This caused my phone number to change, and I lost all the freebies that were supposed to be available during the first 30 days, i.e. the Premium Package. Although it was rooted I was able to make & receive calls, but WhatsApp refused to install to a rooted phone. This is important, I need it to stay in touch with family overseas. I also use the 100 Global Free Minutes.

When the replacement phone was finally ready to ship, my rooted-but-functioning phone was shut down totally. I was left with nothing. It took over a week to receive the replacement. In all, I lost 16 days of service, had no phone at all for over a week, and the time period for100 Global Minutes got pushed out for another half month (meaning I have to wait an extra 16 days to get the next allotment of minutes.) I'm also left without the Premium Package including Premium Voice which I think I really need in my area but can't tell for sure without trying it.

And here I thought getting my FP cell number white-listed for WhatsApp was going to be my only hurdle. Still working on that, too.

I would be so grateful to have this straightened out. I'd love to call my daughter overseas for Christmas!

Thank You!

@GSM3 Freedom

Most of the phones FreedomPop sale will be rooted when you have the FreedomPop Rom installed. With the Moto E, you will normally loose that root after the First OTA update. Unless you get a phone already updated to the latest Android version. You will find most FreedomPop Phones rooted. When they issue you a return or RMA, the account will go into a dormancy or Suspended state. They do this, to Freeze any trials and keep the user from getting charged while the RMA process is being completed. It sounds like they might have gotten you situated with a Non-Rooted phone, they just need to correct the account details. I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• GSM3 FreedomGSM3 Freedom Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5
    Thank you very much. I've replied to your PM.