Need help my LG VOLT is not connecting to the network

Zamran JohnZamran John Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I have LG Volt and 2days ago the phone stopped connecting to the network I have red x on the signal bar. Things I have tried so far
- restarted numerous time using freedompops diag tool
- tried reinstalling the freedompop apps
- tried to refresh PRL but it doesnt work as it cannot see the network
Only way I can make this phone work is by having it connected to my home Wifi and then manually log into the freedompop app where it registers the phone to the user. I'm not sure whether this is more of a hardware malfunction or something else. This is an urgent matter as this phone is useless if I step outside of the house.
Let me know if you need further information to get this issue resolved. Thanks
attached a screenshot of the what is happening

Zamran

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have LG Volt and 2days ago the phone stopped connecting to the network I have red x on the signal bar. Things I have tried so far
    - restarted numerous time using freedompops diag tool
    - tried reinstalling the freedompop apps
    - tried to refresh PRL but it doesnt work as it cannot see the network
    Only way I can make this phone work is by having it connected to my home Wifi and then manually log into the freedompop app where it registers the phone to the user. I'm not sure whether this is more of a hardware malfunction or something else. This is an urgent matter as this phone is useless if I step outside of the house.
    Let me know if you need further information to get this issue resolved. Thanks
    attached a screenshot of the what is happening

Zamran

@Zamran John
    Have you tried all suggestions here-

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/14396/everything-lg-volt-connection-issue-user-guides-how-to-tutorials?new=1

Start at the top and work your way to the Profile and PRL update. Make sure you using a good wifi signal when you do this. If this does not do the job, you can try a carrier/Network reset-

https://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Reset-network-settings-LG-Volt-Sprint-Prepaid/WScenario_542_55687_2159_en_1650-dvc8500001prd

when doing the Carrier/Network Reset, attempt it outdoor if possible. Some place you can connect to Wifi and get a great signal to Sprint. I like to do mine on my front Porch. Some user can do theirs next to a window with no obstructions outside.

Note: after doing anything new to your phone, make sure to do a "Sync Account data" in The setting of the messaging app.

Let me know if you get any errors. Please PM me or @ sign my name here.

Hope all is well,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Zamran JohnZamran John Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5 I just tried to what you suggested in those link with no avail. I'm still not able to authenticate to the network only way its working is thru my home wifi only and that too I have to manually enter my credentials for it to attach the user to the device. I have attached the pics
    You can see using Wifi I still need to enter my information order for freedompop to attach the user to the device.
    Other 2 pics are trying to reset the PRL using WiFi and no Wifi

Can you please let me know if my paid account is good enough to get phone support I tried calling it seems like only paid customers are going to be able to get phone support I'm not sure where does it put my account.

I do have a 2nd option of just forgoing this phone as this phone is nothing but trouble. I have a Galaxy S5 from Sprint that is no longer being used and want to replace it with LG Volt

I would rather just port it to Samsung S5 then wasting time trying to fix this. Can you please point me in the right direction to get the accomplished
  • GSM3 FreedomGSM3 Freedom Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    @Zamran John
    That tiny symbol in the top left corner of your screen is the same as on the FP phone I have that was de-activated. Can you log into your FP account via a PC and check your account? If it looks active, look at the cell phone id numbers and see if they match, i.e. what it shows on your acct. is the same as what shows on the phone. Just grasping at straws here, but maybe it will give you some ideas.

Hope you get it worked out.

Out of curiosity, how is the sound quality on the Volt? Mine is so horrible I quit using it.