Freedompop CDMA S5 phone came with no Sim Card. 3G works fine, but no 4G LTE

FreedomPop_PopFreedomPop_Pop Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
Just bought a refurbished Freedompop CDMA S5 phone, it came with no Sim Card, I was able to activate it fine, and 3G works fine, but no 4G LTE

I know it's not my area, because I have a freedompop Moto E that connects to 4G just fine.

From what I can gather from the forums, I need a sim card to get 4G speeds, is this the reason I can't connect to 4G? if so what kind of Sim card do I need, and where can I buy one?

Anybody able to help me out?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Just bought a refurbished Freedompop CDMA S5 phone, it came with no Sim Card, I was able to activate it fine, and 3G works fine, but no 4G LTE

I know it's not my area, because I have a freedompop Moto E that connects to 4G just fine.

From what I can gather from the forums, I need a sim card to get 4G speeds, is this the reason I can't connect to 4G? if so what kind of Sim card do I need, and where can I buy one?

@FreedomPop_Pop
    Did you purchase the S5 From FreedomPop? Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• ken35ken35 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie

@FreedomPop_Pop
    Did you purchase the S5 From FreedomPop? Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a PM in order to gather some personal information regarding your request. Please check your forum in box for the message.

Thanks
    nj
    Hi @njfulwider5

I was about to create an identical post. Can you help me out please? I have the same problem.
  • tunchuntunchun Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    I would like the answer to this question as well. I know a SIM is needed for LTE but how do we get a Sprint SIM card? The Freedompop phone I have is dinged up and would like to get an S5 but would like to connect at 4G LTE speed.
    Guess my previous attempt at posting did not go thru. Let's try again.

I would like to know the answer to that question as well. Looking to upgrade to a Sprint S5 but I know to get LTE a SIM card is needed. How and where is this Sprint-based Freedompop SIM available?
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    You can't buy Sprint based cards from FPop. They are hardware based and come with the phone.
    So I just want to make sure I understand this clearly. All Sprint based phone from FPop that are 4G LTE do not require SIM cards. They are "hardware based." Correct? My understanding of 4G LTE is that it requires a SIM to work (at LTE speed). I did not know there were 4G LTE phones that do not require a SIM.
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    No, they require a sim card but are tied only with Sprint hardware. In other words you can't buy the 4 g LTE Sim and it work. If you just purchased the phone I would return it for a replacement. Now if it was an unlocked phone then you could use a different sim.
  • sindi keesansindi keesan Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a Galaxy S4 bought new from FP that stopped connecting to the internet . It tells me NO SIM CARD. Signal Check Lite sees a signal. I was only using CDMA (3G) because the signal strength is about -100 dBm for CDMA and -120 dBm for LTE (if it finds the signal at all). FP support claims I need to replace the SIM card to use it . Ebay has them for about $5. Is support correct that I need a SIM card to use 3G (CDMA/EVDO)?