Moto E stuck in bootloop

Margarita LehmannMargarita Lehmann Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Today my Moto E reboot itself and got stuck in a bootloop. How do I go about fixing it or reinstalling the OS?

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Today my Moto E reboot itself and got stuck in a bootloop. How do I go about fixing it or reinstalling the OS?

@Margarita Lehmann

Sometimes pulling the battery a Wiping Cache Partition will help-

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1)-With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.

2)-Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"

3)-Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
    You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.

4)-Holding the Power button, tap Volume Uponce and then release the Power button.

5)-Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it. (You may have an additional confirmation screen. Volume Down to scroll to YES and Power to Confirm.)

6)-Once the process is complete, "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Hope this helps,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• CY ShapsCY Shaps Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Not sure if I have the same problem as you; in my case after showing the Moto symbol on startup it goes to a blank screen. When I press and hold the power button to restart the screen does show the "power off" button. It also displays the time when moved after being idle. But I cant get it to do anything else. Booting into safe mode was the same just with the added watermark on the bottom saying "safe mode". I was able to boot into recovery mode and I wiped the cache partition but it did not help.
    Any clue what to do / what caused this??
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    CY Shaps said:

Not sure if I have the same problem as you; in my case after showing the Moto symbol on startup it goes to a blank screen. When I press and hold the power button to restart the screen does show the "power off" button. It also displays the time when moved after being idle. But I cant get it to do anything else. Booting into safe mode was the same just with the added watermark on the bottom saying "safe mode". I was able to boot into recovery mode and I wiped the cache partition but it did not help.
    Any clue what to do / what caused this??

@CY Shaps

Sent you a reply to your Pm

Hope all is well,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• MonoxdiflyMonoxdifly Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

@Margarita Lehmann

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1)-With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.

4)-Holding the Power button, tap Volume Uponce and then release the Power button.

5)-Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it. (You may have an additional confirmation screen. Volume Down to scroll to YES and Power to Confirm.)

6)-Once the process is complete, "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Hope this helps,
    NJ
    I tried all of those but got stuck on boot loop again immediately. What should I do?
  • MonoxdiflyMonoxdifly Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

@Margarita Lehmann

Hope this helps,
    NJ
    I tried all of those but got stuck on boot loop again immediately. What should I do?
  • IsabellaIsabella Posts: 29 admin
    edited September 11 #7

@Margarita Lehmann

Hope this helps,
    NJ
    Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the delayed response. We've created a private message as we'll need to gather and provide, private account information.
This discussion has been closed.