**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

LG Gpad SIM card locks

Nathanael  Jackson Nathanael Jackson Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Hi everyone. I'm new to the freedompop forums. I recently purchased an LG Gpad from the freedompop store that wont connect to the 4g network but works over wifi. I've read through other disscusions on how to try to fix it but I'm starting to think it's on freedompops end where the problem actually is. The Gpad tries for 15 minutes to connect to the network but then the sim card says it has locked and to power cycle the device to try again. I have an byod Iphone and a mobile hotspot on freedompop and they both work flawlessly as I can see the cellphone tower they receive their signal from from my house so I know the Gpad should be receiving a signal also. A sprint coverage map says the tower by my house sends out a 4G signal so I am at a loss.

Comments

• Shane ShelleyShane Shelley Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem with a LG-uk410 tablet. Works fine on WIFI but doesn't connect to the Data tower
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    edited January 2017 #3
    nj88101 said:

Hi everyone. I'm new to the freedompop forums. I recently purchased an LG Gpad from the freedompop store that wont connect to the 4g network but works over wifi. I've read through other disscusions on how to try to fix it but I'm starting to think it's on freedompops end where the problem actually is. The Gpad tries for 15 minutes to connect to the network but then the sim card says it has locked and to power cycle the device to try again. I have an byod Iphone and a mobile hotspot on freedompop and they both work flawlessly as I can see the cellphone tower they receive their signal from from my house so I know the Gpad should be receiving a signal also. A sprint coverage map says the tower by my house sends out a 4G signal so I am at a loss.

Hey!

We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue, can you please confirm the last 4 numbers of the MEID so that we can confirm that it matches what we have on our end!

I have the same problem with a LG-uk410 tablet. Works fine on WIFI but doesn't connect to the Data tower

Hello there!

I was not able to locate your LG tablet account, can you confirm if the tablet is activated with us or you are just using our Global SIM in it?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Nathanael  Jackson Nathanael Jackson Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    > @Karina said:
    > Hi everyone. I'm new to the freedompop forums. I recently purchased an LG Gpad from the freedompop store that wont connect to the 4g network but works over wifi. I've read through other disscusions on how to try to fix it but I'm starting to think it's on freedompops end where the problem actually is. The Gpad tries for 15 minutes to connect to the network but then the sim card says it has locked and to power cycle the device to try again. I have an byod Iphone and a mobile hotspot on freedompop and they both work flawlessly as I can see the cellphone tower they receive their signal from from my house so I know the Gpad should be receiving a signal also. A sprint coverage map says the tower by my house sends out a 4G signal so I am at a loss.
    >
    > Hey!
    >
    > We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue, can you please confirm the last 4 numbers of the MEID so that we can confirm that it matches what we have on our end! I have the same problem with a LG-uk410 tablet. Works fine on WIFI but doesn't connect to the Data tower
    >
    > Hello there!
    >
    > I was not able to locate your LG tablet account, can you confirm if the tablet is activated with us or you are using just using our Global SIM in it?

Hi, thank you for replying, the last 4 digits of the MEID are 8360 and it also says no sim card detected and to restart to try again. I purchased this lg gpad from the freedompop store and its using the sim card it came with.
  • @nj88101

Thank you for confirming! I would suggest taking the SIM out and turning off the phone and then turning back on and reinserting the SIM. If this fails to work then we can issue you a SIM replacement. Please let me know how it goes.
  • Nathanael  Jackson Nathanael Jackson Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    > @Karina said:
    > @nj88101
    >
    > Thank you for confirming! I would suggest taking the SIM out and turning off the phone and then turning back on and reinserting the SIM. If this fails to work then we can issue you a SIM replacement. Please let me know how it goes.

I tried doing what you suggested but the same thing happemed. I made sure everything was updated and then tried again. Still getting the same sim card locked message even though in the freedompop app says the cellular network strength is "great" I absolutely love this tablet even just on wifi but having it work on a cell network would be amazing. Thank you for your help.
  • @nj88101

We're sorry to hear that it didn't help, we will be sending you a private message to gather personal information to send you a SIM replacement!