Unlocking/Releasing My Phone

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 194 admin
edited August 2017 in Account Services #1

Unlocking/Releasing My Phone

Are FreedomPop's phones unlocked/released?

Most of our phones work with the CDMA carrier network, only if the device is released. However, they are not unlocked with other carriers or globally.

What is FreedomPop's unlock/release policy?

Our phones work best on our network. We will unlock/release the device from our network if the following requirements are met:
  • At least six (6) months have passed since the the device was registered with FreedomPop.
  • Your device hasn't been reported as lost or stolen.
  • Your device isn't associated with a fraudulent account.
  • Your device hasn't been included in a CB dispute.
  • You will not have to wait 6 months after the device has been registered, if you are serving in the military and your account is in good standing. Upon the provision of deployment papers, your device can be unlocked.
  • If you meet these requirements and would like to unlock or release your device, please feel free to comment below and a Community Admin will be glad to assist you with your request.
*Additional Unlock/Releasing Policy Note*

Note: Creating a New Discussion; To Make sure you get help efficiently, Please create a new discussion using the Category (BILLING), when you need your device unlocked/Deactivated from FreedomPop. Instructions-
https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7534/exploring-the-freedompop-forum-part-1-discussions-page#latest
When you add your issue to a post that is older, sometimes that post gets placed last and missed. Creating a new discussion, ensures your issue is placed current on the FreedomPop Community.

Note: Unlocking your phone does not mean you can automatically use that phone on all Carriers. The CDMA phones sold on FreedomPop are normally the Sprint Variant. Sprint has a small number of phones, capable of using on other networks. Most of the Phone's Unlocked can be used with MNVO's using Sprint, sometimes Verizon, and can also be used with those carrier, Sprint or Verizon, With the correct sim. If you have a phone capable of being unlocked, make sure you take the old CDMA sim out of the phone, before you attempt a carrier reset or add the GSM info. Links also explains the same info-
https://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html
FreedomPop Branded GSM phones, are already unlocked, and just need to be deactivated/unlocked from the server.
Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• Sankaty09Sankaty09 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    All I get when I call 920-445-6590 or 920-664-4106 or 920-333-1564 is message 7 switch 394. Can this be fixed, I was using HTC Desire510 that I purchased in June.
  • Sankaty09Sankaty09 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I purchased in June 16, 2016, Order number 50859440
  • Who DatWho Dat Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    What is a corrupted account?
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Who Dat said:

What is a corrupted account?

An account that is associated with fraudulent activity.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Suzie ChowSuzie Chow Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I would also like to release my phone from my freedompop account to switch out to a new device. Can I keep the same number and account? Can I have my old phone released and unlocked in order to sell it? How can I go about doing this?
  • I would also like to release my phone from my freedompop account to switch out to a new device. Can I keep the same number and account? Can I have my old phone released and unlocked in order to sell it? How can I go about doing this?

Hello,

We can help with that :) So you would like to release the current device and replace it with a new one correct? Do you have the new one with you already?
  • Virchus Ferguson Virchus Ferguson Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I would like to release my device. if I do that will that immediately disconnect my service?
  • I would like to release my device. if I do that will that immediately disconnect my service?

Hello,

No, we will only disconnect your service only when you ask us to cancel the account. We can release the device and keep the account open if you'd like.
  • bella0036bella0036 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    i have the same question please but can not seem to get any help
  • YodadYodad Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I would like to unlock my old freedom pop galaxy s6. I stop service in 2015.
  • bella0036 said:

i have the same question please but can not seem to get any help

Yodad said:

I would like to unlock my old freedom pop galaxy s6. I stop service in 2015.

Hello,

Can you both confirm that you meet the following requirements in the link below.

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2139/kw/release
  • dus10dus10 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I need my old phone released as well. Can I get help?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cdadarecdadare Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    When I restarted my phone today, it's now asking for an Unlock Password. I've had my phone for two days and never set up a Password. Now I can't get into my phone. Please help!
  • dus10dus10 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Maria L. said:

dus10 said:

I need my old phone released as well. Can I get help?

Hi, dus10!
    Here you can check the requirements that your account must fill in order to have your device released:
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2139/kw/device release
    I read the policy, and I meet all the requirements. Either way, I have tried with the reps on the phone to either get the phone to active with Freedompop, but they haven't followed through. I even wanted to activate premium service, but I still can't get it connected. I either want my phone reactivated or released to use with sprint. I had this phone active for years with freedompop and now somehow can't connect through you guys.
  • Tim RutherfordTim Rutherford Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I need my Samsung Galaxy S4 unlocked! How do I do this?
  • lcanalcana Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Moved to Freedompop from R+. One cent activation and $5 top up went through on cc fine, but now im getting status code=303, saying my account is suspended?
  • TDeMaioTDeMaio Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, How do I get my phone unlocked?
  • philip shieldsphilip shields Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I need my Samsung Galaxy S4 unlocked, thanks.
  • philip shieldsphilip shields Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I need my Samsung Galaxy S4 unlocked, thanks.
  • Russell BaysRussell Bays Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I need my galaxy S5 unlocked please.
  • Emma PearsonEmma Pearson Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes please can I release my phone
  • Emma PearsonEmma Pearson Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I need my phone unlocked please than you
  • pdxmarkpdxmark Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Please unlock my iPhone 5
This discussion has been closed.